Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

You like myself a EBF battery fitted Great for few weeks then back to not working My dealership convinced Vauxhall Executive support manager That they fitted An AGM battery .But never and hear is a copy of the reply I got below

Date: 27th October 2020

Dear Mr Ness

Thank you for your further email.

There are various factors that can impact the operation of the stop/start feature and having aftermarket parts in use, based on how the vehicle was presented to the dealership with the ports in use, would indicate this as a contributing factor in this case.

Please be assured, I have reviewed the part information provided internally and can confirm the battery that has been supplied and fitted to your vehicle is the correct battery type for your vehicle.

Should you have concerns over the type of battery fitted, I can only advise you discuss this directly with the dealership based on the information they have supplied.

Yours sincerely

Emma Kemp
Executive Support Manager
0800 026 0034
execccletters@vauxhall.co.uk
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

:roll:
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Car goes back in tomorrow. Will update when I know more
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

The Stop/Start system is designed for economy and reduction of emissions but, it does this provided certain parameters of the engine and its ancillaries are being met at the time it is 'required'.
To operate during times when the conditions are not favourable can have the opposite effect to that of economy.
Stop-start is clever enough to monitor the battery and how much current is being drawn from it. If it’s cold and you’ve switched the lights, wipers and heater on it may decide that cutting the engine isn’t going to do the battery any favours. This is because all those features will then be drawing electric current from the battery. The computer knows the battery’s most important job is ensuring the engine starts. So it disables the stop-start in case the battery is drained so much the engine won’t re-start.
During cold weather, the initial start up will drain the battery to a level whereby its regeneration takes longer than normal and during this time, the stop start will be disabled.
During the summer months, the engine is most likely, driving ancillaries to satisfy the settings for temperature within the car which could include the a/c compressor.
Stop-start systems may develop faults but where the vehicle is checked by the dealer and no fault is diagnosed, it is most likely the correct conclusion, based on the above.
lions33

Post by lions33 »

Mine has only ever worked when the dealership has charged the battery to an inch of it’s life for about a week?
Worked for about two weeks when they changed the battery for a Vauxhall one.
It never worked through the summer even tried turning everything off still nothing.
My daughter’s VW works every time and she only does the school run.
Vauxhall told me I don’t use the car enough??? Rubbish
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Mine doesn't always work but I have put this down to the engine not being up to temperature or the climate control overriding the stop start system.
I have a friend who drives a vw golf and that works every time for him.
Prior to this Grandland, I owned a 3008 for 4.5 years and during that time, the stop-start didn't always work. I didn't particularly like the method Peugeot used for their system to work anyway so it didn't become a problem for me. It would restart if I applied the handbrake so I would need to keep the foot brake applied.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Update. They charged the battery again and they did the update they say it works now which it does but for how long who knows.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

👍🤞
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Did the exact same with my car.Next day back to not working and for update my radio now keeps losing signal every few miles and looks for better signal.Was just the same before update .Makes me wonder if at all done and I got a big bonus a scratch on the inside arch just inside back door .No point saying to them as I can’t prove it ??
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I don't hold out much hope of the stop start working for long. I would try and do the firmware update for the radio as it may sort it. I would still complain about it as it didn't go in like that. You can prove it by the paperwork which they ask you to sign with any damage on the car if its not on there then it proves the car went in fine.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post