Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Whats the service bulletin
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

All head office said is its to do with the stop start and its a service bulletin for my car which has been sent to the dealership. I will post any info when the dealership call me to book it in for the works.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Car has gone back in today for more investigation. Will update when I know more
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Well mine now back to normal not working again There fix is keep car all day .Charge battery..give you it back saying it’s working fine and told to drive more and have no accessories plugged in .I was told my dash cam and my phone plugged in will affect the battery ?? Iv never heard so much crap .A car using accessories will stop s&s working as these will drain the battery .This is what dealership told Vauxhall and they are using this excuse for my battery problems I’ll add the reply I got below

Thank you for your further email.

There are various factors that can impact the operation of the stop/start feature and having aftermarket parts in use, based on how the vehicle was presented to the dealership with the ports in use, would indicate this as a contributing factor in this case.

Please be assured, I have reviewed the part information provided internally and can confirm the battery that has been supplied and fitted to your vehicle is the correct battery type for your vehicle.

Should you have concerns over the type of battery fitted, I can only advise you discuss this directly with the dealership based on the information they have supplied.

Yours sincerely

Emma Kemp
Executive Support Manager
0800 026 0034
execccletters@vauxhall.co.uk
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

If you didnt laugh at these pathetic excuses you would definately cry.
I was asked if i drive with the radio on when i looked into my stop/start not working. Honestly..... left up to Vauxhall you wouldnt use anything on the car............just an easy way to get out of a major issue, which Vauxhall are aware off. I have just given up now with my stop/start. It doesnt work, no matter how long or short my journeys are.......infact has only worked a handful of times since having the car in March 2018.....
No doubt when the 3 year vauxhall warranty expires, Vauxhall will then suggest a replacement battery....at the customers cost......
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Still not resolved. Going back in at some point again :(
lions33

Post by lions33 »

The dealership has had my Grandland back four times to address the stop start not working.
I have now given up on the problem after getting customer service involved there final answer on the case, 'wait for it' I don't use the car enough!!!
unbelievable
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

My car is going back in next week again for the stop start. Will update when I know more.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

My stop start is still going strong since they changed the battery about 2 months ago. Still doing short runs.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Mine worked for about a month maybe slightly more when they replaced the battery with a EBF one even though head office and I requested a AGM one but then stopped and hasn't worked for about 6 months. They are going to apply this bulletin which they wont say what it involves and see what happens. The green start stop light still flashes on my dashboard it just doesn't work.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post