Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Had to go out today for a relatively short round trip of around 10 miles. this required one stop and then start of the car.Had heated seats and steering wheel and rear window/mirrors on for about first 10 minutes. Since these items on the S/S has failed to work. Someone has suggested that I contact trading standards to say I've been sold a car which is not fit for my purpose in that it will need regular charging to maintain the battery level.

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Try putting it on Vauxhall Twitter also Facebook don’t think they would like bad publicity Try what ever it takes Why some owners get new battery’s ? Why some don’t ? As iv read some owners get AGM and some fobbed of
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
sevenmpd

Post by sevenmpd »

Hi
Had the same issues with stop start since 2018, aquired the car (auto) Nov 18 stop start works OK for awhile then stopped working dealer sugested it was due to demand on battery etc anyway come the warmer weather and still not working returned to dealer had car for a day could'nt find nothing to cause problem but admitted it should be working returned next day they replaced battery and stop start work OK until the colder weather then back to where i began ! Strangely I didnt use car yesterday and today when I came to exit my cul-de-sac it worked and kept working for the rest of my journey which included motorway however for my for return journey it failed to work once finally can I ask if anyone as found a fix ?
Harry
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Yes iv seen on another site a replacement AGM Battery will solve the problem ? But I sure there is more not working properly than the battery .Alternator not producing enough charge to keep up with the discharge when cars equipment being used ??
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Cadparrot

Post by Cadparrot »

Called baylis Vauxhall (my local dealer) again about this and they said after 2 years with Peugeot they have actually rolled out a fix. Mine went I yesterday. Consisted of ensuring battery was fully charged and then flashing the software in order to change the parameters related to stop start and the battery checks. Will update after a week or so and see if it has actually made a difference. May just stop again once the fully charged battery drops below required level.
Cadparrot

Post by Cadparrot »

Update - day 7 after start stop was looked at and fix was applied. Bloody cold weather, nothing turned off to save power, aircon,lights,stereo the lot left running and the stop start is working all the time. Will update of it changes but looks like fix PSG have come up with might have worked.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I have owned my car since the end of November and the stop start has never come on. I have seen the green light flash on the dashboard. I do have my heated seat on all the time so maybe this affects it.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Iv been told I now have the correct battery fitted not an AGM 1 that the garage said they fitted .i contacted Vauxhall again and after they contacted the garage iv been told I have correct battery .Im not surprised at there reply as Vauxhall plus there dealerships are just a bunch of liars and will fob us off My dealership where adamant they fitted an AGM battery to my car .Iv since been back to ask where on the battery it says AGM and heavens above they now say it’s not an AGM and this is now why Vauxhall and the dealership say iv got the correct battery fitted for my car so I’m now going to seek advice from a battery replacement company

Cadparrot

Post by Cadparrot »

As I have mentioned above a fix has now been completed on my car and 8 days later it is still going. I have everything turned and I do not have an AGM battery. Stoo start is working all the time and as you would expect. It might be worth others reaching out to the dealers and enquire about the software update.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi all. Im sooo glad that others are having the same experience as i am. I have been on this site for several months, and have had numerous online conversations with Lock-N and Ken.A regarding the stop/start issues. I have given up with ever getting mine to work. I purchased a car with s/s as a feature, what a waste of time. It just doesnt work at all, and has only worked a few times since aquiring the vehicle nearly 2 years ago. My dealership have said that i have the correct battery fitted, but i do not use the vehicle enough. Where does it state that a vehicle has to be used for 'x' amount of miles per day/week.........
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post