Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Worked today :D
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi all. Its a while since ive been on this stop/start chat.
My stop/start still doesnt work, i admit i dont do alot of miles at present, but in the past when driving several hundred miles it still didnt work.
Ive given up .... spoke to Vauxhall and Dealership, just get fobbed off with an excuse that the vehicle doesnt do enough miles. My friend has a Hyundai which does less miles than me, guess what.....their stop/start works all the time.

I have a Varta battery fitted. Car recently went into Dealership for second service, i told them again about the stop/start issue.......not interested, asked about replacement battery......no help.....spoke about all you other guys with the same problem.......they dont take notive of these forums !!!!!!

I read that Ken A had purchased a charger, can i ask which charger it was that he got.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I would contact Vauxhall CEO office like I did and explain the situation this is the only way I got a new battery.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Hi to all. Iv had a new battery .A V/Hall one and I still have issues but not as much as I did have with first battery Re Battery charger I bought a smart charger of EBay £18 works great small clamps so it’s easy to get on to cars terminals as Earth 1 very difficult to reach but can be done with the small clamp charger
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
d.velkov

Post by d.velkov »

Hello everyone.
I am writing from Macedonia, it may be useful for someone. I have bought a new vehicle that had a problem with the start / stop system from the beginning. Yesterday, the vehicle was serviced by an authorized Opel Service in Macedonia, and the problem was solved by re-programming the battery management systems, and all the modules connected to the battery and the start / stop system. They had same problem with other vehicles and the problem was solved in the same way. Yesterday they had two Grandland X vehicles with the same problem and both problems were solved on that way.
Cadparrot

Post by Cadparrot »

Mine went to the dealer several times and was always given excuse need to drive it more, bring it in we will charge it and test it. Followed by nothing wrong. They eventually gave up of me saying new battery. Fitted and no problems even though it is sat more now with the state of the world. Couple of minutes and stop start works everything. Keep pushing for a new battery
lions33

Post by lions33 »

Can you let us know which battery they fitted.
Thanks
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Vauxhall Battery

Battery EFB
4423996 12V 70 AH
720 CCAEN
670CCA(SAE/GS
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

I got same battery replacement and worked ok for a few weeks Now works occasionally Cheep rubbish.Will work properly when Vauxhall fit the correct type
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Denzil1950

Post by Denzil1950 »

Had my Grandland nearly two weeks, 2018 with only 5000 miles, took to Vauxhall with gearbox not going into top until I am doing 60mph but also stop start does not work at all, local Vauxhall checked battery and have said there is a definite problem but they dont know how to solve it, going to call me when they think they have an answer..so I called the different Vauxhall garage i bought car from and sales man said...and I quote...."did you have air con on or lights"...I answered..."does that mean if I come to traffic lights or junction I have to turn off the aircon for stop start to work" I am now seriously worried the stupid walk amongst us and are paid by us car owners and know jack s@@t...
1.6 diesel Auto 2018 Grandland x sports nav....Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post