Braking in reverse

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Hmm odd. When you reverse park or similar and are ready to stop the front offside brake screeches and vibrates. Sounds like it needs some copper grease so will head into the dealer this morning.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

faz18

Post by faz18 »

check my post under same section called "be careful"
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Well they could not find a fault last week, giving the usual if it happens again bring it in. Anyhow it has been present all weekend so back in this morning road tested with a mechanic. Drum roll........... The noise was present. Turns out the Grandland has a similar braking system to the Mokka and that has a fault but not a dangerous/recall type. This is solved by a brake clean and new shims put in place.

In the Grandlands case it would appear that the cars although tested etc etc etc prior to launch, they are I suppose waiting on owners reporting faults as the cars bed in, this is the impression I got from them today.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Mark.C wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:00 pm In the Grandlands case it would appear that the cars although tested etc etc etc prior to launch, they are I suppose waiting on owners reporting faults as the cars bed in, this is the impression I got from them today.
That sounds very familiar, but Ive got to say everything I've thrown at Vauxhall has been dealt with well, but maybe that could be a dealer thing case by case from windows to tech.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
faz18

Post by faz18 »

Hi,

They changed my back plate but the noise is still there...
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Well the car went in last week and got a brake clean. Well i am now in Heysham not returning to Glasgow till Friday. Yes and the noise is back whilst reversing so back to the dealer when i get home.

I think you are right from dealer to dealer and this one is shocking.
spiro

Post by spiro »

Just bought a Grandland with delivery at the end of the year. Regarding your brake noise the same happened with a number of Zafira Tourers including mine and Vauxhall introduced a warranty fix that included a gromet and a bolt that fixed the problem. Don't know if it is related but they often use the same parts in different models.
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

This definitely feels like either a sticky caliper or the shims. They only did a brake clean which in all honesty has not worked. After having cars for years it is definitely something as simple as this. however I have to run the gauntlet of a really bad service dept but they will be in no doubt my annoyance that they cannot do a job right and first time. Apart from that this week was a great car trip loved every minute of it.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Got it back on Thursday and they can find no fault and they deglazed the brakes. Drove home reveresed into my garage and clunk it is still there.

Back tomorrow and asking for the mechanic to come out with me as I do not trust this dealership in any way. That way he will hear it, no excuses.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Pleasently suprised when I went in rhis morning. A new service manager brought in from the PSA group, what a difference he and the branch managet went out with me. Within minutes bity said we have heard enough go straight back to the garage.

The service manager was not happy regarding the circumstances andcsaid it was unacceptable that the car was not fixed first time.

So in tommorow and new pads, oh and also to discuss a good will gesture.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post