Gear change noisy

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Conky

Post by Conky »

Has anyone found when thay change gear its a little noisy like the bushes between the gear stick and the gear box are not doing there job just sounds a bit bit cheap. Dose anybody no if there is a fix for this i have to take it to the dealer but not having a great deal of luck with them

Tonebatch

Post by Tonebatch »

Gear change is poor. Very notchy and rubbery. Although seems slightly better on mine now I’ve done over 800 miles. Will certainly be mentioning it to the dealer in the near future.
cradman

Post by cradman »

Yes I reported early on that the gear change was 'clunky' and seemed to grate through the change
Brooster

Post by Brooster »

Had my grandland for about a year and still find 2nd gear a bit clunky.
Paulbel

Post by Paulbel »

Yes mine has been the same since new clunky between 1st and 2nd gear been to dealership twice they say there’s nothing wrong
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

I had this issue and the dealership agreed, but Vauxhall told the dealership to drive others to see if they are the same.

Long story short,the gearstick tower and linkages were replaced, and it is so slick now.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Karensboy64

Post by Karensboy64 »

Never had a problem with the gear box I have a 68 plate. My brother has a 18 plate and he can't believe how smooth my gear box was compared to his. I will drive his and see if there is a difference
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

2018 June Sport Nav 1.2T, super smooth gear shift. Clutch is still a learning curve though after my previous vauxhalls, especially from 1st to 2nd.
DodgeIt

Post by DodgeIt »

Yes mate , I got the same issue, when I change to 2nd gear, sometimes when I change into the 5th ,and at times in reverse , it is very annoying 🤣

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post