Differences between 18 and 68 grandland

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
David124

Post by David124 »

Where can I find out what Vauxhall have changed between the 18 and 68 grandland. I’m aware of the heated windscreen and spare tyre but has it had a new transmission system? My dealership are trying to tell me the awfully weird noise coming from my car is due to the car having a new transmission compared to the 18 plate.

Atariman

Post by Atariman »

If you read the changes for my19 the sports nav have lost - tinted rear windows and keyless entry and start including power tailgate, they have added AGR seats as standard.

At some point between mine a 67 plate and now they added the black roof as standard on the sports nav.

As far as I know the heated windscreen was never standard on the sports nav, I think some early launch additions had it.

I take it you have the auto gearbox as my manual although not the smoothest is quiet
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
David124

Post by David124 »

Well I had a 18 plate before with basically died, so they gave me a new 68 plate with doesn’t have the heated windscreen or spare tyre which the 18 did. I’ve taken it back as its making a weird whirling noise which the 18 plate didn’t, neither did the 1.6 auto they gave me as a courtesy car. The dealership are telling me that they have totally changed the transmission and the noise is ‘normal’. It’s a manual also
David124

Post by David124 »

I’ve got a 1.2 sports nav petrol manual
goldie

Post by goldie »

Key product Highlights at MY19

Introduction of the powerful 2.0 Turbo D D 177PS 8-speed auto for Tech Line NAV, Sport NAV and Elite NAV trim lines.

Introduction of a new 1.2T 130PS 8-speed auto on all trim levels except Ultimate.

Introduction of a new trim level – Design Line – which builds on SE spec with coloured roof, 18” diamond cut wheel and tinted glass.

New options have been introduced including 180 rear camera and 360 camera.

2.0 TURBO D 177PS 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC

The 2.0D 177PS engine mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox which is currently only available in the Ultimate trim will now be available in Tech Line, Sport Nav and Elite Nav trim.

This new 2.0 diesel engine is refined yet powerful delivering 177PS at 3,750rpm and 400Nm of torque at 2,000rpm to aid effortless low down acceleration. Mated to an eight speed automatic gearbox with a smooth linear shift pattern. This top of the line diesel power plant is a showcase for Vauxhall technology.

1.2T 130PS 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC

Vauxhall is pleased to announce that the petrol 1.2 (130PS) Turbo Start / Stop is now offered with an 8-speed automatic transmission and meets Euro 6.2 emission standard.

This engine and transmission combination will be introduced from October production.

DESIGN LINE

A new trim level is introduced at MY19 – Design Line, which delivers an attractive specification with a high level of equipment and showroom appeal at a low price. Design Line adds the follows equipment over SE
•​Black roof and mirror caps

•​18” diamond cut gloss black alloy wheel

•​Dark tinted rear windows

•​Sports pedals

•​Versatility pack

•​Park and Go pack 1

NEW OPTIONS, OPTION PRICE & CHANGES

Rear 180 camera and 360 camera option are now available to offer as Park and Go packs 2 & 3

Park and Go pack 2 has the following content:
•Parking sensors front and rear (for SE & Design Line models)
•Side blind spot alert (for SE & Design Line models)
•Rear view 180 Camera

Park and go pack 2 is priced at £650 Inc. VAT on SE and Design Line models and £550 Inc. VAT on Tech Line NAV, Sport NAV and Elite NAV models.

Park and Go pack 3 has the following content
•Side blind spot alert
•360 Panoramic camera

Park and Go Pack 3 is available on Tech Line NAV, Sport NAV and Elite NAV models and priced at £825 Inc. VAT.

Electric tailgate and keyless start is removed as standard content on Tech Line NAV, Sport NAV and Elite NAV models.

Electric tailgate and keyless start now becomes available as optional equipment on Tech Line NAV, Sport NAV and Elite NAV models priced at £710 Inc. VAT.

Dark-tinted rear windows

Dark tinted rear windows are removed as standard equipment on Tech Line NAV, Sport NAV and Elite models.

Dark tinted rear windows are now available as an option on Tech Line NAV, Sport NAV and Elite models priced at £275 Inc.VAT.

AGR Driver and Passenger Seat

Tech Line NAV and Sport NAV models gain Morrocana AGR Driver and Passenger seat as standard equipment.

OnStar is removed as standard equipment on all models and is available as an option priced at £490 Inc. VAT.

Other option price changes

Heated windscreen increases to £105 Inc VAT

Wireless charging increases to £180 Inc. VAT

Premium sound system increases to £560 Inc.VAT

Black roof and mirror caps increases to £400 Inc VAT

Golden Sunstone premium paint is removed from the offer.

All other metallic paints increase in price by £5 to £570.

Amethyst Purple premium paint increases to £745 and Pearl white tri-coat paint increases to £750.

All other trim levels, powertrain and transmission combinations and specification carry over from MY18.5.
Grandland X Ultimate in Golden Sunstone
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I would guess the 18 plate before had the heated windscreen and spare wheel as options, no new Vauxhall comes with spare wheel.

Did you factory order the car or buy what they could get?
David124

Post by David124 »

Thankyou Goldie.
Atariman it was the only pre registered one they had left in my dealership. Have you noticed a strange sound in yours. Like a high pitch noise between 30-40 when you are cruising with your foot off the accelerator? That’s when mine makes the noise but they are telling me it’s down to the brand new energy efficient transmission??
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

No strange noises at all from mine, I have read on the German forum that some people have had it, Opel dealers seem to be tell people to wait till its past 5000 miles as it takes that long to run the drive train in, and say it is normal.

The reason I ask about if you ordered it was because it answers the question regarding extras, you can be lucky some times on pre reg, as its what ever the dealership has received from Vauxhall.
Ricksta

Post by Ricksta »

David124

I took delivery of the same model as you on 22nd September.
I noticed the same noise that you have experienced.
My dealer believed it to be a gearbox issue and started talking about replacing the gearbox. Admittedly, they offered me a compensation refund but never got to the stage of discussing a figure.
Having spoken to Consumer Goods People, I took the route of Rejecting the vehicle as faulty.
Yesterday, I test drove my new replacement vehicle (exact same spec) to ensure no noise is there before the garage registers it to me.

Hope this helps?
Grandland X. Sports Nav. Quartz Grey. 1.2 Petrol Turbo. With Extras.
David124

Post by David124 »

Yes it does. I’ll be doing the same but I’m still after some sort of compensation as this is my second grandland in 6 weeks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post