Blind Sensor

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
faz18

Post by faz18 »

Hi Guys,

so when i press the breaks the right wing mirror blind sensor lights up, when i indicate it does not come on which i think its not meant to anyway?

sometimes in randomly comes on,

anyone else getting this issue?

Spikey

Post by Spikey »

Noticed the same problem with the right hand blind spot sensor illuminating when braking. In my case it only happens during the first 30 minutes of driving in a morning. At other times the sensors operate normally. Must get it looked at now the festive season is over.
faz18

Post by faz18 »

yeah don't get it...i have also got the issue with door closing in cold weather (see post) im really getting annoyed as my dealer is 30 miles away from where i live and then they are like replicate the problem which i cant always do...and they have the cheek to charge me for a loan car.
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

Will book my motor in to see if they can sort the blind spot sensor issue. I’m very fortunate that my local dealer is 10 minutes away and there is no charge for a loan car. Will let you know if they can replicate the problem.
A few other gremlins that I will ask them to look at:

* Dual zone climate control swaps the left and right temperature settings when you restart the engine.
* Intermittently fails to detect that the key fob is inside vehicle and therefore delays the engine start or stop process.
Replacing the key fob battery does not resolve this issue.
* Drivers seat position memory function not operational.
* Possible early signs of a clutch judder developing.

Oh happy days!
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

My motor is now booked into the dealers on Jan 16th. Will let you know if they are able to solve the blind spot sensor issue.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I have the dual zone climate swap issue too, I've heard of others with it so it appears to be a common fault.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

According to my dealer the right hand blind spot sensor illuminating when braking indicates that the system is doing a self test.
My immediate reaction is why has it only recently started performing a self test when it has never previously occured in my first 8 months of ownership.
They have ordered a new climate control unit to resolve the left/right temperature swapping problem. Unfortunately the unit is on back order so I won’t hold my breath on that one.
The response re the non operating drivers seat position memory function is that they have tried the feature on a similar vehicle and it doesn’t work on that one either. Obviously I got it wrong, I assumed that features actually fitted to a vehicle should work.
Must be my age.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Spikey wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:53 pm Obviously I got it wrong, I assumed that features actually fitted to a vehicle should work.
Must be my age.
Me too :lol:
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
faz18

Post by faz18 »

lol dealers dont know whats going on. brand new model = customers are the testers
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

My Mrs pointed out a few days ago that our LH blind spot sensor is no longer working. I’m now wondering if the RH sensor warning lamp illuminating on braking is actually a system fault warning indicator and not just a self test indicator as suggested by the dealer. Will keep you informed of any developments.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post