Engine running

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Jackbon

Post by Jackbon »

Model sports Nav 1.2 petrol. 67 plate

Hi new to forum but thought this maybe of interest. Stop to get petrol and when I started the car all the warning lights came on , engine started , brakes locked on, but here is the strange thing I could not switch car off, pressing the stop/ start button did nothing. To cut a long story short after 3hrs (car had been running) the low loader arrived to take car to dealers and just before it was dragged on to the low loader a message came onto screen key not in car long press stop. This was done but did not seem to do anything then just before they started dragging it on board the car shut down. It was then started with only the management light on driven on to low loader and taken to dealer. They did a check and could find nothing wrong with it. Been ok since I got it back.

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi, Can't say for sure but I would say the ecu was confused. My eldest son had an À class merc which wouldn't stop on a day he had struggled through the snow. I think the unit struggled to cope with all the commands it was dealing with in order to maintain traction etc.
He left the car in my garage and I occasionally pushed the stop button but it wouldn't stop. I stalled it, impatience I suppose, anyway it stopped and then worked. The car still had a couple of issues but after a few miles the unit re-learned its parameters and ran perfect thereafter.
So, my opinion, computer issues.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post