Service Intervals

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Well, I am coming up to my 12 months and the service reminder comes on 8 weeks before, which I did not pay attention to for a couple of weeks.

it now says service in 3 weeks or 13700 miles, which added to my mileage of 6220 means 20,000 mile service intervals, not the 16000 it says in all the books/documents. of course it really does not effect me as I don't do that amount of mileage, but it would be nice to know which is correct, I will ask when I take it in, and there may be a software update to correct this.

when I did book it in, I was told there was an outstanding recall, which will be done at the time of the service, don't know what it is, I will find out in three weeks
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

My car goes in for its first service in a couple of weeks. I asked and was told its definitely 12 month or 16k miles, whichever comes first. ive got nearly 13k on the clock anyway.

I asked about recalls and they were very interested to know what I meant....I was curious why they were so curious. he suggested there might be different recalls for other models but none listed for my 18 Sport nav....hmmmmm. Not sure where I would find out. If theres something needs doing Id rather wrap it up in one....
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

Jase, Have a look at the following web site: www.gov.uk>check-vehicle-recall

If you enter your reg number you can see if there are any relevant recalls regarding safety issues or component faults.
I believe you can also check if a particular accessory is the subject of any recall.

Good luck.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Thanks for the link! I only found 2, I think maybe only one might apply to my car (number 2?)

Screenshot_20190131-064018_Chrome.jpg

Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

Jase: I believe second recall, number 2 on your list is the one that was applicable to my motor. As far as I understand it applies to Grandland models fitted with leather seats.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post