Active brakes and front sensor problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Tractor35

Post by Tractor35 »

Morning

Can anyone tell me if this is a fault in the car or is it down to the weather

When driving this morning in the snow a warning saying fault with active braking came up on the dash. Then a warning with front sensors.
A few moments later the orange spanner came on.

The front bumper was covered in snow.

I have had Vauxhall car with sensors (not active brakes) for many years and never had this problem in snow before.

Car is only a week and a bit old.

Hope this is not the start of a bad marriage

thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

Probably the sensors and radar covered in snow. Clear it all off and chances are it will be fine.
spiro

Post by spiro »

Just had the exactly the same problem with my week old Grandland Tech Line Nav 177PS automatic and my car did not have snow or dirt over the radar sensor. The dealer has looked at it today and has ordered a new brake sensor switch to see if that solves the problem. The camera appears to be working fine and I thought that worked in conjunction with the radar.

I will wait and see if this solves the problem

I did read that this is a known problem on the Peugeot 3008 forum.
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack
Roulston10

Post by Roulston10 »

Active brake light appeared when taking car out drive however I have now realised the minute I put seat belt on it disappeared is this normal outside temp was below freezing I then tried a couple of experiments in a safe place took belt off drove a few meters hit brakes light came on did same thing again with seatbelt on no light
Basically is this normal
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

Yes, it's normal on my Grandland whenever I manoeuvre in my driveway without the seat belt on.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post