High Beam Assis

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Birani

Post by Birani »

Hi all,

Anyone having probs with high beam assist ?

Mine turns on, then as soon as i start driving it turns off and doesn't come back on. Took it to local Vauxhall dealer who said that they carried out a software update on the system and everything should now be ok......it was for the first two days but now not working again.

Cheers....birani

Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Mine does the same but only on cold mornings but come back to life after 5 mins then works ok
giantsfanuk

Post by giantsfanuk »

Having a similar issue. Sometimes you can push the button until you're blue in the face and it won't activate! Also, like you, for no reason it sometimes deactivates itself when on. When it works, it works well. Going to be phoning the dealership about this and get them to take a look. Not even had the car 6 weeks at the time of posting this.

Grandland X Sport Nav petrol.
thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

Make sure the screen is spotless where the camera is behind the mirror. Any dirt and it won't activate.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

thomas98 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:03 pm Make sure the screen is spotless where the camera is behind the mirror. Any dirt and it won't activate.
Funnily enough I found the same problem, gave the camera area a good wipe as it had some tough dirt on and no problems since.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

I'm having the same problem. It seems to work whenever it fancies. I've just taken my car in for its first service. I reported the fault but apparently they can't take my word for it. They have to put it on the diagnostic computer and that will cost me £129 something! Sorry guys, I've already put it on a diagnostic computer and it cost me nothing!! If it's covered by the warranty - and it should be - it''l cost me nothing, but they have to put it on the computer first and that'll cost me £129. It would make a cat laugh. I told them not to bother. I'll be having a word with Peter Vardy, either that or it'll be my first and last Vauxhall. Never had this hassle with Land Rover. Rant over.
First thing I'll do when I get it back is give the camera a good clean. Thanks for the advice guys.
m4tt

Post by m4tt »

I have exactly the same issue. It works and then stops working and then starts working just randomly, or at least I have yet to see the pattern. When it’s working it works great, when it stops no amount of pushing the button makes it come back to life.
With regards diagnostics charge, I assume it’s a Vauxhall dealer in which case I’d tell the dealer it’s under warranty and to speak to Vauxhall to reclaim their diagnostics fee.
I’ve had some warranty work done on another Vauxhall and as soon as I pushed back a little on the diagnostics fee it was not mentioned again.

I will check the windscreen, but fairly sure it’s clean, has anyone else had any joy getting this fixed? I have a 67 plate Elite Nav.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post