Cycle rack advice

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Bleesmum

Post by Bleesmum »

Does anyone have any idea what cycle rack I can use? Went to the dealers to ask today and they didn't know if I could use any but roof fitted, asked about having a tow bar fitted and was quoted around £800 + vat!!! I am only short so a roof one isn't gonna work for me...

spiro

Post by spiro »

You need to shop around as I was also quoted £800+ to have a detachable towbar fitted but I found two local fitters that quoted under £500 that including the Grandland specific wiring loom and 13 pin plug (I tow a caravan).
If you only want a towbar for a bike rack you should get it cheaper than that especially if you have a fixed one and you will not need the vehicle specific loom, at the most a 7 pin plug if your bike rack has lights fitted. Also bare in mind that a fixed towbar may well interfere with the reversing sensors.

Good luck.
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack
Bleesmum

Post by Bleesmum »

Thanks for that - ideally I want a tailgate mounted cycle rack but no-one seems to be able to tell me of the tailgate is strong enough - I have no idea how this stuff works as this is a first for me!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post