Heated front seats

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
m7xtWvtW

Post by m7xtWvtW »

Hi All,

Recently got a new Grandland X Elite Nav and have been trying out the heated seats but they don't really seem to get hot... Putting the passenger seat on and driving for 20 mins it's still only room temperature to the touch. The same thing with the drivers side. How hot are they supposed to get? When pressing the heated seat button it starts off with 3 red dots then every subsequent press it reduces by one which im assuming 3 dots being the hottest?

I have tried the cooling and that seems to work, can hear the fan blowing.

Thanks

Ric

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Hi Ric, I don't have the cooling option on mine but the heated seats are great, especially for my back. Not sure how hot you want them tbh and it's all down to personal taste I guess but on a cold morning they're great combined with the heated steering wheel.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

I checked my heated seats out this morning and within a few minutes you can feel the heat coming through, certainly within ten minutes they are definitely cosy and by fifteen minutes you have to turn them down a notch or turn them off. I would suggest that you have to be sat in the seat to test their effectiveness. I say this as I have rear heated seats and sometimes touch them to check if a passenger has inadvertently left them switched on and I find it is difficult to detect the heat just by touch alone.
m7xtWvtW

Post by m7xtWvtW »

Thanks for checking! I'll have another look. Maybe my expectations were a little off as I had a VW with heated seats which you really had to turn down otherwise they would likely burn! After my next car had the Halfords heated seat cover and that feels a lot hotter than what I'm getting from both mine and passenger. Maybe I'll get a thermometer or something to check, but unfortunately doesn't feel as hot as I would have expected.
m7xtWvtW

Post by m7xtWvtW »

Just curious, are they supposed to get as hot as the heated steering wheel?
dbuckel

Post by dbuckel »

They will only heat up if someone is in the seat.
m7xtWvtW

Post by m7xtWvtW »

Thanks for the tip. I guess there must be a pressure sensor in there. It does get warm, just not hot. Still gets the chill off, just thought it might go really hot on 3 but warm on 2.
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

dbuckel wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:01 pm They will only heat up if someone is in the seat.
Awww. No keeping takeaways warm then :(
Grandland X | 1.2 Manual | Topaz Blue
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

May be they utilise the signal from the sensor in the seat that detects if the seat is occupied but the seat belt is not fastened to enable the front seat heating function. Of course that wouldn’t work in the rear seats. I will check the situation out when I get my motor back from the dealer. It’s in for its first service today. All I have to do know is add up the cost of first service, road tax, breakdown cover and possible Onstar renewal. I think it would be cheaper to trade it in. :lol:
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

Checked my heated REAR seats with an infra red thermometer and confirmed that they do heat up without being occupied. Looks like I will have to continue checking that they have not been inadvertently left on by rear seat passengers especially as they are controlled by rotary switches.
With a first annual service cost of £189.00 it looks like the total cost over the next few weeks including road tax, breakdown cover and Onstar renewal will total £486.00. The dealer describes the first service as a small service costing £189.00 with the second annual service estimated at £300.00.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post