Rear Wiper and Cabin lights

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 »

OK, so just recently has some weird issues with the car and I thought I'd share them.

It was raining the other day and had the wipers on automatic. Got to work and revered into a parking spot, and as usualy, when the wipers are on, if you reverse then the read wiper comes on. That was fine. I turn of the engine and the rear wiper kept going. I say for a minute waiting and it kept going. I opened the tailgate and it stopped. That was fine.
Couple of days later - same thing. At this point I got out of the car, and locked it. And the wiper kept going. Left it for about 5 minutes and it kept going, opened the tailgate and it stopped. Very strange.

Another one that happened this morning. Dropped my son at school. He got out and left the passenger door open. I had to turn off the car so that the tailgate could be opened (this annoys me). I then started the car at which point my son closed the passenger door and I drove off. The courtesy lights stayed on. I stopped at lights and made sure the door was closed fully, it was. It was a full 15 minutes before they turned off themselves.

Lots of little funnies with this car....
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018

Citydesk

Post by Citydesk »

The usual reason you have to turn your car off to open the boot is so that no one can just open it if you are sitting at traffic lights etc. You may be able to open it though if you unlock all the doors from the button on the dash.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Citydesk wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:28 am The usual reason you have to turn your car off to open the boot is so that no one can just open it if you are sitting at traffic lights etc. You may be able to open it though if you unlock all the doors from the button on the dash.
Im gonna try that!

Kills me to have to switch the car off to get in the boot.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I am almost sure I have opened mine with the engine running
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Tried it with the engine running, unlocked the doors.... boot didn't open...
Jase
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

The strange thing is, I did try mine yesterday after I posted, and I parked up at pets at home, kept the engine running, got out and pressed the button on the tailgate, it opens for me. not sure if there is a setting in the menu's but I don't recall one, I do have all doors opening when I open the drivers door
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

All doors including the boot... ?
Jase

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post