Door Cards/Trim

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

As I have said before the only thing that really disappoint about the card is the quality of the door card/ quality of plastics and fit. They seem to creak when you pull the interior handles and if you rest on them they creak going over bumps

When I was in for the first service, I went round the show room and the Grandland has probably the worst of the entire Vauxhall range, ( Not very good for a car Costing 27K ) admittedly the Grandland in the showroom were a lot better than mine, so I ask service to look at it.

When I got the car back they said it was all done, but on checking they had made it worse, told them and they came out with me and said what they did usually sorts it, but would check with Vauxhall/service info to see if there was a fix and they would get customer service to call me. 4 weeks later no call.

So I had a look myself and most of the noise come from the window switches. I took the switch out on both front doors and ran fabric tape ( the same tape used for taping wire up in cars) around the edge of the opening, popped the switches back in and hey presto quiet doors.

You still get a bit of noise if you push under the ambient light in the doors, but so much better now. just need to do the rear doors now
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White

SimonP

Post by SimonP »

Hi Atariman,

I know your post was a while ago but the door panel creaking on my Grandland is driving me nuts. I also have the LED strip on the passenger door dips in to the door for about 10cm's so wanted to fix both issues.

Did you remove the whole door panel of does just the switch part come off?

Did you find any instructions on how to remove the panel on line? If so can you let me have the link.

I see there is a "plug" of sorts inside the "pull close" handle. I'm presuming it pops off and there is a screw underneath? Mine are very tight so I stopped trying to get them out in case i'm wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Simon
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I only ever took the switches out, as that is where most of the noise comes from.

From looking around the internet and other forums, it looks like once you have taken the switch out and undone the screw at the bottom I think, the door card then just pulls off.
From experience on other cars this would snap some of the clips, unless you have proper tool for job.

For the noise only, taping round the switch opening with fabric tape, removes 90% of the noise.

Sorry I could not be more helpful regarding removing the whole card, but I went for easier option
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post