USB Music

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
hotshotrini

Post by hotshotrini »

I would like to use the USB port in order to play music through my phone. I know you can use bluetooth or android auto. However the Grandland is my mother's car and she connects the Bluetooth to her car I order to have hands free access too her phone. But currently when I try to connect my phone to the car using USB, in order to allow my mum to continue to use the hands free feature, it isn't recognised by the car.
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and is able to assist me in this problem.

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I started to use Android Auto, then gave up. I wasnt patient enough and wanted a very quick start up when I got in the car and so used bluetooth connection.

But like you, I have another passenger that wants bluetooth so I reinstalled AA and now im learning to cope with its little odd ways, but finding it incredibly useful. Now I connect my phone by a 25cm cable to the front port (in the central storage, under the audio, cigarette lighter area) which is picked up by AA and my passenger just connects bluetooth.

I wish bluetooth would pick up multiple devices but it seems to only be capable of handling one at a time!!
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
redz

Post by redz »

if you connect a phone via bluetooth then select telephone and wireless on teh one you want to use for calls then connect a second that has the music on and select streaming (i think it was).

Worked great for me with my work phone for calls and my iPhone for streaming off spotify.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

redz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:54 pm if you connect a phone via bluetooth then select telephone and wireless on teh one you want to use for calls then connect a second that has the music on and select streaming (i think it was).

Worked great for me with my work phone for calls and my iPhone for streaming off spotify.
Cheers for the tip, Ill give it a go! :D
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red