Parking sensor failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
motostan

Post by motostan »

Hi All, I've just bought a grandland x Sports Nav model in June 2019. I'm asking for any advice or if any one has had the same problem will the front parking sensor failure.

The other day I was driving in the rain and my front parking sensor came on a warning display state but the parking sensor Hadfield and my little orange spanner came on. The parking sensor light came on the button.

I turn my car ignition off and this seemed to rectify the pub could have noticed it always seems to happen while driving in the rain.

Can this be rectified without going to Vauxhall or do I need to ring them up to put the car in for service

motostan

Post by motostan »

Front parking sensor failure
tarroka

Post by tarroka »

Hi,

I have same issue , how you fixed this please ?

Thanks
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

The control unit has obviously found a fault, brought up the spanner warning and switched off the sensors.
Many forums have posts regarding problematic parking sensors, all during wet conditions. Don't think anyone has found a different answer to replacement. If the sensors are clean then, as they are sealed, must be a fail.
A visit to the dealer looks best. Warranty issue.
tarroka

Post by tarroka »

Thanks Coatgallou, I have booked a visit with dealer on Monday, the sensors seem to be clean from outside and I went through each one and tested it by putting my hand in front of it and hear the beeping . but as sealing can't test which I expect is the problem as this happens always in wet conditions.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Would think the seal wouldn't break down but if there is a weakness, the water droplets combined with wind pressure (more than on rear sensors) driving forward will find it.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Have you tried taking the battery off for about 10 minutes and then reconnecting it. This usually fixes some faults as it gives the car a chance to reset itself.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
tarroka

Post by tarroka »

Ok will give it a reboot and see :). That reminds me when i ask people (IT) to restart their machine and see if this will fix their issues before they come to me :lol:
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

You may find, after reconnecting the battery and due to the can-bus system rebooting fully, the car may not start immediately.
I found this out after disconnecting the battery when wiring in the towbar electrics and on reconnection. Think it could have been at least a couple of minutes or so before the engine would start.
tarroka

Post by tarroka »

I went today to the dealer to check the car, they said it is the number plates affecting the front middle parking sensors. They fixed it correctly and asked me to give it a try.

I hope this is really the issue.

Thanks everyone for help. Will let you know if it comes back.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post