Lights interior & exterior

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I fitted some LED lighting strips under the front seats, one under the back of each seat shining down and another nearer the front of the seats shining forward. Looks really smart and best is you can change the brightness and colour from an app on the phone. It connects via Bluetooth and powered by usb so I put a small usb power supply in the rear centre console mains socket which feeds them.

DBD98102-9185-4F28-9184-7DB4F22FCAAB.jpeg

8193EF33-A877-41BF-BBC9-0BF7F2C7B837.jpeg

F06198DB-463F-4E8F-AA62-B39D47CACED2.jpeg

j11sty

Post by j11sty »

Class job
Last edited by j11sty on Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020 1.5D Grandland X
j11sty

Post by j11sty »

Midinotes wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:19 pm I fitted some LED lighting strips under the front seats, one under the back of each seat shining down and another nearer the front of the seats shining forward. Looks really smart and best is you can change the brightness and colour from an app on the phone. It connects via Bluetooth and powered by usb so I put a small usb power supply in the rear centre console mains socket which feeds them.
Can you share the detail on the strip led lights? Also wishing to replace halogen front fog light bulb to led, does anybody know the bulb size
Thanks
2020 1.5D Grandland X
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Yes this is the kit I bought from amazon:

Upgraded Car Interior LED Lights - Trongle Car Strip LED Lights APP Controlled, Waterproof with 4pcs 48 LEDs,Multi DIY Colour Music Sound-activated Car Lighting, USB Port Car Charger Light Bar,DC 5V

I actually powered mine from a plug USB charger plugged in the rear 240V socket. I stuck the bluetooth receiver with a double sided pad to the side of the centre trim between the driver seat and arm rest. I attached the LED strips to the under frame of the seat using cable ties and the provided double sided sticky pads. One pair at the back of the front seats, just on the bottom flap of fabric that comes down from the backs of the seats (underneath and above the rear passenger footwell). Front ones I attached to the cross metal rods under the seats. Ensured all the wires had plenty of loop slack to accommodate the seats moving forward/backwards. Will try and get some photos to share.

Simon
j11sty

Post by j11sty »

Midinotes wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:35 pm Yes this is the kit I bought from amazon:

Upgraded Car Interior LED Lights - Trongle Car Strip LED Lights APP Controlled, Waterproof with 4pcs 48 LEDs,Multi DIY Colour Music Sound-activated Car Lighting, USB Port Car Charger Light Bar,DC 5V

I actually powered mine from a plug USB charger plugged in the rear 240V socket. I stuck the bluetooth receiver with a double sided pad to the side of the centre trim between the driver seat and arm rest. I attached the LED strips to the under frame of the seat using cable ties and the provided double sided sticky pads. One pair at the back of the front seats, just on the bottom flap of fabric that comes down from the backs of the seats (underneath and above the rear passenger footwell). Front ones I attached to the cross metal rods under the seats. Ensured all the wires had plenty of loop slack to accommodate the seats moving forward/backwards. Will try and get some photos to share.

Simon
Super, thank you Simon. Looks great, I take delivery of my Grandland next Friday, so I'll be giving that a go. Any additional photos would be great...
2020 1.5D Grandland X
j11sty

Post by j11sty »

I managed to get the boot light out, it is a standard osram bulb unit, agree it is dull. I tried to change it to an led but the existing bulb seems to be a built in all in one unit (bulb is not replaceable) which is disappointing as I too wanted to get an led
2020 1.5D Grandland X
Aez3787

Post by Aez3787 »

j11sty wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:04 pm I managed to get the boot light out, it is a standard osram bulb unit, agree it is dull. I tried to change it to an led but the existing bulb seems to be a built in all in one unit (bulb is not replaceable) which is disappointing as I too wanted to get an led
Did you manage to change it to a led , If so what led bulb was it
Cheers
nallen132

Post by nallen132 »

following a link facebook I am changing my Halogens to LEDS
have bought these two items: LEDS have arrived, wating for the securing clips

and

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283188327418 ... d2QDATHZrE
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

It could be a good upgrade of the halogen headlights if these led replacements prove to be legal. My understanding, unless the regulations have changed, is that halogen headlamp units cannot be retrofitted with led lamps. Having brighter headlights doesn't make driving safer if the oncoming drivers are dazzled.
If you find the relevant documents for legality, a provided link would be helpful to those of us looking for possible upgrades.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Although Halford sell LED highlight bulbs the following is an extract from their website,

"with an LED version. At the moment, it’s completely road legal for you to replace an internal bulb with an LED bulb. However, there’s no legislation to cover retrofitting external facing light sources and therefore LED exterior bulbs are NOT road legal"

Confused?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post