Lights interior & exterior

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
nallen132

Post by nallen132 »

Looks like the MOT rules have been changed post brexit AfterMarket LEDs are NOT road legal :-(

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/blog/ ... in-the-uk/

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

I believe the MOT guidance has been updated to clarify the situation where non road legal units could pass a basic examination, by the mot test mechanic, of correct fitting and that they work although the light pattern is considered. The MOT wouldn't necessarily pick up stray light patterns.
Having said that, there does appear to be a lot of vehicles on the road with faulty lights and even headlights painted blue, would expect all these to have been picked up at the MOT.
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I’ve replaced all my rear bulbs with leds off eBay. They make so much of a difference it’s unreal it’s like night and day. When I use reverse gear now, I can actually see the road behind me.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Can we get a list of all the bulb types that Grandland X has?

I know for a fact that all interior dome light bulbs and the boot light is W5W.
The side indicators/repeaters are also W5W but Amber (sometimes listed as WY5W).

I believe (not 100% sure so please can someone confirm?) that the rear ones are as follow:
- Fog Light - H21W Red
- Reverse Lights - W16W White
- Indicators - W16W Amber
- Stop Lights - P21W Red

What are the low and full beam ones? Are they H7 and H1 respectively or both H7s? Also what are the front fog lights?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Vayerr

I found this information online for bulbs listed for the Grandland X. Hope this helps.

Headlamp Dipped Beam - R477 is a H7 headlamp bulb
Headlamp Main Beam- R477 is a H7 headlamp bulb
Front Fog Lights- R711is a H11 headlamp bulb
Reverse Lights- -W16W- R955
Rear Fog Light- H21W-R435
Rear Indicator- WY16W-R958
Rear Side light- P21W-R382
Number Plate light-W5W- R501

https://www.ringautomotive.com/en/bulb- ... 017-)+&l=1
Last edited by GRANDLANDX68 on Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
pjotter

Post by pjotter »

led-interior-light-kit-for-opel-grandland-x.jpg

https://www.ebay.de/itm/11x-Lampen-in-b ... OSwNq9eAgb

11x lamps in blue interior lighting for Opel Grandland X from year of construction 2017- Article number: 1574-blue Description The set contains 11 LED lamps: 1x glove compartment, 1x trunk, 2x rear, 4x sun visor, 2x reading lamp at the front, 1x center lamp at the front These are high-quality LED lamps in the light color blue. (Make-up mirror comes in light color white) All images are for illustration purposes and do not show the exact scope of delivery. The scope of delivery follows from the title and description. This article contains the installation positions and lamps already mentioned. However, in your car - depending on the model and design - more bulbs for the interior lighting can be installed.

led grandland.jpg

grandland.png

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Awesome thanks, GRANDLANDX68
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
j11sty

Post by j11sty »

Mark.C wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:48 am I have replaced the boot light with an LED it was so dull. I was considering the interior of the car but get a feeling it might be as bright as Blackpool illuminations.
Agree about the headlamps they do look odd in comparison to the LED but for the quality of light I will wait till darker times to see what its like. Believe it or not I have done hardly any night time driving since I got it.
What bulb will do the inside of the boot?
2020 1.5D Grandland X
j11sty

Post by j11sty »

Aez3787 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:27 pm
j11sty wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:04 pm I managed to get the boot light out, it is a standard osram bulb unit, agree it is dull. I tried to change it to an led but the existing bulb seems to be a built in all in one unit (bulb is not replaceable) which is disappointing as I too wanted to get an led
Did you manage to change it to a led , If so what led bulb was it
Cheers
No sorry, I'm still looking for led type replacement for the inside boot light. If anyone knows it would be great to hear what it is
2020 1.5D Grandland X

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post