whining transmission

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi This link below shows where it should be.

https://www.wikiobd.co.uk/vehicle.php?vh=2000
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

There is also a service video on his channel.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
maniek

Post by maniek »

Mike 64

Post by Mike 64 »

Hiya, I'm in desperate need of good advice please.

I bought a 2019 SRI NAV TURBO just 3 weeks ago from a dealer locally.

On inspection at home I discovered a blemish on the roof paint and a couple of other minors PLUS THE WHINING NOISE!!

After a couple of emails and a meeting with a manager they agreed to rectify the paint problem and minors and book in to service department for whining noise.

The car has been away for a week (courtesy Crosland was provided throughout). My car is being returned tomorrow morning!

My concern is that the "whining noise" has not been rectified. They tell me today that the noise is "characteristic of the vehicle". Having now read the posts here I gather that "characteristic" is the term they use for a fault that is inherent in the Grandland x that they can't solve - so we the unfortunate owner has to put up with it!

My dilemma is this - should I reject my car when it is returned tomorrow morning and hope for a full refund considering that they are aware of the whining problem?

I love the car but cannot accept a problem in a nearly new vehicle that could be my last car as a driver, due to my age.

I look forward to your wise responses.

Best regards Mike.
L3329

Post by L3329 »

Hi Mike,
I’m having the same issues within only having the car 6 days from the dealership,
Did you manage to get your money back ok?