Security features

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Im new to keyless entry systems and am just getting the hang of it, but car alarms....I know.

It might sound petty but Im disappointed about the security LED indicator. Its one of my obsessions tbh (yeah sad I know but...). Not that I want a massive flashing beacon on top of the car, but its lacking here on the car.

What we are given is a very irregular pulsing white light which is quite dull in brightness terms. its tiny and incorporated into the button which when pressed operates the door locking system from inside.

Most odd.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red

lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Hadn't given the security system much if any thought to be honest. I just take them for granted. Strange it isn't a dash mounted red led though?
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

So.... I followed this up with the dealer.... and it appears that only the Ultimate range of grandland have the pulsing red led light as a passive anti theft deterant. Every other version doesn't have anything. Lock it and leave it....

Can anyone else confirm whether they have the passive LED please?
Jase
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

The only thing I have is the movement sensor disable button pulses every second or so, when the car is locked

According to the manual it says the central locking button should do this, but mine does not. At first I thought my alarm did not work because this it did not follow the manual, but after reading the Peugeot 3008 manual, it works the same as that. So take what you read in the manual as not possibly correct.

I wouldn't believe the dealer also, I think they just tell us what we want to hear to make us go away, and if you read stuff on the internet, like on here, you will probably know more about stuff anyway
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Phew, thanks for confirming, I'm heading down to the dealers now to investigate it. How bizarre, an anti theft deterant that only works on the top model...
Jase
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

So I had a chat with the VX tech who knew more about stuff and wasn't trying to sell anything. So the LED on my version just isn't there... at all. Not switched off or anything, just not added. I guess they thought they'd save a quid by not adding it. Makes sound business sense for a brand new expensive car.

Be very interested if we find an owner who hasn't got the Ultimate version but might have the LED.

It's a minor thing I'm sure, but I value my property and any anti theft deterant even if it's a flashy little light would give me piece of mind.

Hmmmm, alternatives, think on this I must...there's not even any button blanks to retro fit one into ...
Jase
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

So you saying yours does not even have the light above on the button above your head
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I looked for it last night but didn't see it pulsing or anything...?
Jase
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Strange, I know its tricky to see as you can only see it through the rear windows, which as they are tinted make it tricky

if you press and hold the button to turn off the movement sensors, the light should come on, this is the only way I know they are off, not as it is in the manual, where it says you should get a message in the driver information screen, that does not do it, worked this way on the Astra but different on Grandland
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Ah, I was looking through the sides... so it will light up when the car is secured.... but only if I disable the internal sensors? Or did you mean to test to see if the light actually works?
Jase