Navi 5.0 Intellilink issues.... already!

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

The issue is a Peugeot/PSA problem with iphones, if you check 3008 forums they have same problem, a software update should have fixed it.

the software : V (for Version)21.06.47.34_NAC-r0 01/12/17 is the one they have to fix this
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White

Atlantic

Post by Atlantic »

I've had my Grandland X 4 months.

I started having issues with the infotainment system (Intellilink) after 8 weeks. The nature of the issues experienced were
1) central console with the radio does not turn on when the car is started. Once manually switched on the system switches itself off after 10 minutes (I've timed it) every 10 minutes. Radio stays on when the car key is switched off.
2) Mobile phone no longer connects to the handsfree system
3) Radio controls on the steering wheel don't work
4) Parking sensors have stopped working

I returned my car to the garage and they were unable to fix it at first. Vauxhall/Opel said they are aware of a software issue but would not give a resolution date. All that could be done was to reset the software. This was fine at first, but 4 weeks later all the same problems recurred. Unlike the above posting no hardware was replaced. I'm expecting this like the previous occasion will just be a temporary respite.

I'm deeply unhappy with the way Vauxhall have managed this. It appears to be affecting other models too, given the software is likely common amongst models. For a new car this is unacceptable particularly since the main feature te marketing material refer to are features such as reverse sensors entertainment system etc.

Furthermore the brake hubs on the wheels as showing evidence of rusting/burning. On a low mileage, 10 weeks old car this plain wrong. the garage are saying it is raw metal and this is normal. It's not. the paint or galvanizing should prevent this. the paint is also showing signs of cracking too.

All in all, a disappointing experience and very poor support and communication from Vauxhall. This needs to be resolved fast.

I'd be interested to hear of others with similar issues/experiences.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

6 months on....yes, the issue has returned...unit turns itself off and on, loses bluetooth and navigation and reboots.

Awaiting the dealer to respond now, hoping that 6 months has given them time for their tech teams to create a resolution.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
NJ88

Post by NJ88 »

Question for andysan re the bluetooth pairing - I have a 2018 Grandland X Sport Nav and am having the exact same issue - all contacts sync for about 10 seconds and then only those A to D show with the rest of them not loading! I am using an iphone 8. it is an ex demo and the dealer had an android to be fair so was unaware of the problem. It has been back to Vauxhall twice but has not been sorted.

The technician connected his iphone X no problem, so not sure if it is to do with the iphone 8 or with the car. The latest software has been updated to both the phone and the car.

Any tips please let me know!
Fredave

Post by Fredave »

Hmm. I was about to post this, but you’ve just answered it
Anyone had problems with the phone book partially transferring across? When I first got the car, it was fine. Now, I ask it to make a call, it won’t. Go to the phone book, and the contact is not there. Go to search however, and as soon as you start to type, the contact appears. I’ve an iPhone SE, which worked great on the Mokka.
I’ve got it booked in next week at the dealership
1.2 Sports Nav. GrandlandX, in Dark Ruby Red.
Fredave

Post by Fredave »

Sorted. In the phone book page, on the top right, there’s two boxes. The left one changes the phone book list from surname, to first name. Default is surname, so it only lists contacts with a surname, which is why I couldn’t make a call to someone who I only had a first name for. Touch the box, and it then loads all the contacts
1.2 Sports Nav. GrandlandX, in Dark Ruby Red.
ssscot

Post by ssscot »

I have had my Grandland since April last year and although its been generally a pleasant car to drive i have suddenly developed the fault listed by Atlantic above.
My car is due in for its first service but my dealer cannot fit me in until August.

Has anyone had the latest product recall work done and do you know if it fixes the radio issue?
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I didn't have a recall but hassled my dealer to get the new update for the system, which they installed. Touch wood I haven't had any problems with it since. There is definitely a new update for the system, they're just not shouting about it.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

hello . what software version did they install , my dealer says there has never been any software updates for my informant system .

I have version 21 06 47 34 .
2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Just checked My Vauxhall App logged in to it and it’s got an update v 16.0.0.-r0 .So contacted dealership to book in .And told there is no update yet .So contacted V/Hall .Again told no update .Car is a 2019 Elite Nav 1.2 T and never had an update yet .Radio keeps making a noise losing channel a clunking noise Bluetooth issues.
Anyone got advice on issues
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post