Navi 5.0 Intellilink issues.... already!

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

How long have I had the car?

Well, I guess that we are the front runners of ironing out glitches as the first buyers of this shiny new range.... and so for the last 3 days my Navi 5.0 Intellilink has dropped all the DAB and radio stations and doesn't connect at all with Android Auto anymore. It's also switching on and off itself without prompting. On DAB it simply shows one reference DAB 5A,whixh isn't a station at all and on normal radio it shows stations but doesn't link to them. Great. I thought it might be a quick glitch and reinstate itself, but no joy.

Bluetooth and nav work fine.

A quick Google search amongst the Astra folk in similar situations but with the 3.0 and 4.0 versions seems like the unit may need 'reflashing' at the dealers, it's suggested that this scenario might mean it's tried to update its firmware and been unsuccessful.

So VX aftercare put to the challenge for someone who works full time themselves... the wonderful service team want me to wait 3 weeks for the car to go in. I don't really have a choice.... so I'll wait. I can't find any other solution online that I could do myself.

Hmmmm. Grrrrr.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red

lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

As you say, being the front runners with a new model includes ironing out the faults that they haven't found in the pre release testing. I've followed the Jag XE forum since the release of that model and the first owners have been the same with faults cropping up on a regular basis.

I've gone against my own advice of 'never buy the first generation model of ANYTHING" when I placed my Grandland X order. Still looking forward to getting it though.

Keep us informed how you get on.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I'm sure it will be a straight forward thing to fix its just inconvenient right now, but it's like we were saying about the mapping update system, why couldn't they have used more wireless direct download Internet based solutions in this day and age to fix things... we're getting there and it's a massive improvement and leap forward for VX for sure.
Jase
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

So they had my car all day yesterday... attempted some software fixes none of which worked.

So the dealer has had to get authorisation from Head office to bring out the big guns which may involve replacing the whole unit... and so it begins. Back in for another full day Thursday.

And I demanded a map update too... just for the hell of it :lol:
Jase
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

So, on to the third day without the car... lots of readings being taken and sent to VX HQ... but still no resolution.

Leaving it with the techs then.

But as the plot thickens apparently the Crossland is suffering this fault too and in much higher numbers.
Jase
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

So there you go, 2 months in and VX HQ have authorised to replace my entire head unit next week as they cannot resolve the issue. Another unit is being shipped from Germany for fitting.

Great service, but not what I expected to be doing with a new car. I guess we are the guinea pigs as with any new model.
Jase
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

At least it's being resolved (: happy days.
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

So I have a brand new head unit.... and my old one has been sent to Germany as a case study for investigation. Apparently I've now set the protocols for repair of this problem... if they find another they won't try to reprogram it, they will just replace it straight off (with VX authority of course) .... until the tech guys figure out what it is....which could be a long and expensive time...

Nice to have my DAB back!
Jase
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Still problems with the replacement unit...bluetooth cuts out and the system crashes and restarts, losing any data that you put in (ie. sat nav).

Dealer says the only connection that could go possibly wrong is its a block connector to the car...so Im wondering if its the software that may be at fault rather than the connection itself.

So I have the dusty bin prize today , a Mokka Elite. What an awful car.
Jase
andysan

Post by andysan »

We have had our Grandland X since January and the car has now been back to the service department 4 times due an ongoing issue with the Bluetooth. The most recent being this week where the car ended up being kept for 2 days as they tried to install an update for the software.

The issue we have is with pairing any apple phone to Bluetooth (have tried IPhone 6, 7 and X all running up to date versions IOS 11). The phone pairs okay but when you go to the contacts list on the car it only shows you 4 contacts, pressing refresh brings up all the contacts for a few seconds and then it reverts back to the 4 contacts.

The dealership were not much use with the first 2 technicians saying they have never seen a Grandland X before and the new interface is different to what they are use to seeing as it is using the new PSA interface and Peugeot software.

I had to contact Vauxhall directly and after sending them a video showing the fault the technical department sent the dealership an update for the software. This was 3 weeks ago.

My car was taken into the dealerships service department on Monday to have this new update installed onto the car. Monday afternoon I had a phone call from the dealership that they were struggling to download the software and they were needing to talk to vauxhall so could not return my car on Monday. Tuesday afternoon I had another call from the dealership to tell me they have managed to download the software and were installing it on to the car but it would take 8 hours so I would not be getting my car back that evening.

I finally got my car back yesterday (Wednesday) and no surprises but the fault had not been sorted.

Has anyone else had issues with connecting an Iphone to the bluetooth and accessing all their contacts. I have a friend who bought their Grandland X 2 weeks ago and uses an Android phone without any issues.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post