Panoramic 360 degree Camera

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
nigeltrevor

Post by nigeltrevor »

In the Ultimate trim I've noted the panoramic 360 degree camera, however on various images and sites the top down display is shown with shaded lines as in the image below.

How does this work, do these lines disappear after a second or two? As otherwise not very helpful and not as described as a 360 degree view!

Thanks

Spikey

Post by Spikey »

On my Elite the hatched lines disappear after a few seconds once the 360 degree view is constructed. Just let me know if you want me to post an image of the actual view. The image that you posted appears to be taken possibly inside a dealer workshop although I may be mistaken. I’m one of those strange folk who garage the car overnight and I have noticed that that hatched image is shown when the car is inside the garage, the normal image appears as you reverse out of the garage. Not quite sure why this is but wonder if it could be something to do with ambient lighting.
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

Another reason to explain why a lot of the shots in marketing material show the hatched 360 degree image is that once you have finished the manoeuvre and the vehicle comes to a halt the image reverts to the hatched version in about 20 seconds.
I only realised this when I tried to take the attached photo.

D9206E02-E801-44DD-B1B6-F1BC8719010F.jpeg

Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

The thing I find is a bit annoying is when you drive forward into a parking bay and then go into reverse to straighten up there is a nice picture of your position. If you then need to pull forward to move further into the bay the picture disappears. So once one has gone forward you have to go into reverse to get the picture back to check you are in straight and far enough in.