Parking sensors?

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

My model has front and rear parking sensors, assuming that all models do....?

On Fords, you can switch off the front sensors if you want to.

On the Grandland there's a switch near the gear level, but it seems to switch off both front and back sensors which seems crazy not to have the option of one or the other?
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red

Carpfisher

Post by Carpfisher »

I collected my Grandland today regarding the front and rear sensors with the switch unlit or lit not working on both my Zafira tourer and Astra tourer before same switch activated unlit sensors operated any thoughts ?
Carpfisher

Post by Carpfisher »

I worked out tis morning that the rear sensors are activated by selecting reverse but how do you get the the front sensor to work by the way it's a Grandland Tech line ? Thanks in advance.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Carpfisher wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:46 am I worked out tis morning that the rear sensors are activated by selecting reverse but how do you get the the front sensor to work by the way it's a Grandland Tech line ? Thanks in advance.
They just automatically work and beep like heck when you are near to something, with a warning on the infotainment screen too. The infotainment screen will show you which sensors are being activated too which can be handy.

Hope you are having fun with the new car! :D
Jase
Carpfisher

Post by Carpfisher »

Just not happening with the front sensors even when you drive forward to inches from a wall or another car I'm hoping it's something I'm doing wrong but as said above the Zafira tourer and the Astra tourer did exactly that beeped like a goodun.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Is this switch lit or unlit?

20190421_112214.jpg

Jase
Ela7neY

Post by Ela7neY »

Got my Grandland X yesterday and front and rear parking sensors not working. The manual says if they are switched off manually they don’t automatically reactivate. I may have switched them off I don’t really know does anyone know how to reactivate them please. It’s driving me crazy as I’ve never had this problem with any other car.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

So long as the button isn't lit, they should be working. Switching them on and off manually is simply pressing the switch to activate (no light) and pressing it again to deactivate (light on)
Jase
Ela7neY

Post by Ela7neY »

They aren’t working with the light off but the blind spot alert is. It’s going back to the dealer on Tuesday when I get home.
Carpfisher

Post by Carpfisher »

Ok I managed to sort the parking sensors as above the switch is unlit to enable though they are nowhere close in sensitivity or volume as the Zafira Tourer but learning to live with it. Thank you all for the replys to my question