No vehicle settings

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Julie

Post by Julie »

Today I have lost my reversing sensors and all audio controls on the steering wheel. My infotainment does not work automatically either . I have gone to vehicle settings to find a gap where it should be. All the other settings are present. When I press reset vehicle settings it tells me the engine needs to be switched on which it is ! . Have spent hours with the manuals for both the vehicle and the infotainment but can find no solution. I have tried locking doors with different key sets and manual opening . Still no joy. It's as if the vehicle engine is running but all the tech stuff does not recognise the keys are in ? . Any ideas greatly received .....

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Try disconnecting the battery to reset the system might work might not .Seen this on the Zafira Tourer forum and it fixed that members issue Leave disconnected for 5 to 10 mins it’s worth a try
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Julie

Post by Julie »

Update
Was in the dealer all day last Friday and they plugged it in to every machine going and still could not get it to work . Vehicle came back with all the defects . I pondered it it was a battery issue so took it back yesterday and they changed the battery . The car is back to its normal self . Even the Stop/Start is working now . In fact the car feels punchier ..... Can this be possible ? Anyway it drives quieter again and all the settings seem good. So ultimately it was the battery . Hopefully they checked the alternator too because if that baby has been working like a dog it is likely it may be feeling tired I guess.
Swerve

Post by Swerve »

Hi,

My Grandland has done this today also lost my steering wheel functions as well . It’s booked in at Eden Vauxhall in 2 weeks. Only had the car a week 😂
Julie

Post by Julie »

Eden vauxhall Exeter? . Don't let them do diagnostics !! It's a waste of time . A whole day wasted scratching their heads until I went back with a FBook thread off the opel/grandland page ,this quite clearly points to battery issue . They changed the battery and now the car is perfect !! Good luck !