Navi 5.0 - Voice control and sending quick reply messages (SMS)...

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I wonder if anyone else has used voice control on the Navi 5.0 (Vauxhall Grandland X sat nav) to send quick reply text messages? I have successfully connected my iPhone XR via bluetooth to the Navi 5.0 infotainment system. My contacts have successfully synced and I can make and receive calls, including using voice control without any problems. I have also tried the ‘quick reply’, where it sends (supposingly) a pre defined text message to a contact. So I speak to the voice control “send quick reply to Bob”... it asks me to pick a number (contact) for Bob, a bit odd as there’s only one number in Bob’s contact, but let’s accept that oddity. I tell it to pick line 1, then it asks me which quick response message I want to send (or I can include it in the original voice command). It repeats the message back to me, so I know that’s all worked.. then it says message sent to Bob.
The only problem is, Bob never receives any messages! Also I can’t see that any message has been sent on my phone. I’ve tried many times, different numbers (mobile phones) and different messages, it says it’s sent a message but it never arrives.... I normally have no problems sending text messages from my phone.
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem, or maybe not tried the SMS feature of the voice control on the infotainment system. Of course I can use Car Play which works fine with WhatsApp and Siri, but sometimes I’d like to use these quick messages when my phone is just connected via bluetooth.

Many thanks
Simon

Highlightuk

Post by Highlightuk »

The Facebook group have reported that the latest Software from the Peugeot website enables voice control but I have not yet downloaded successfully so haven't tried it myself. I tend to ignore text and calls when driving.
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Not sure I would want to try installing Peugeot software on a Vauxhall system? From what Ive seen the UX is quite different on the 3008 infotainment system?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post