Poor mpg

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Ampthill1

Post by Ampthill1 »

I have owned a 68 plate auto petrol since January. I’m only getting a maximum of 34 mpg even on long runs. Any one else having similar issues. Tne car is off the road waiting a garage visit as the engine fault light has come on.

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

As you’d expect, there are pros and cons to either manual or automatic and its a debatable subject, but it largely depends on your circumstances and your driving style. The main plus point to driving a manual car is that you have more control over the car itself over the automation of when the car thinks it should shift gears.

Im at the 18 month point of ownership and started round about that, Im now around 39mpg on average. But that might just be my driving style. To be fair, these days I just enjoy the drive and dont worry so much about mpg.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

My average mpg since delivery in February is 40.6, for the same engine gearbox combo. I do very little city or rush hour mileage & have covered 7,500 miles to date. Your mpg seems low, but is dependant on number of short journeys & your mix of urban, A road & motorway journeys.

Hopefully, your dealer sorts the fault quickly & your mpg improves.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Ampthill1

Post by Ampthill1 »

Well. Would you believe the engine warning light went out the morning of taking it in to the garage. The dealer tested the car and could not find any note in the fault log. I have had the car back four days and again the engine fault light has come on. So I guess it will be checked over again. As soon as I can get it checked.
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I have a 1.2 turbo petrol, manual transmission. It's just over a year old (18K miles) and I am averaging over 51 mpg. Reset the computer when I filled up, used exactly half a tank in the last week on mostly motorway and I've covered 330 miles so expecting nearly 600 miles from the tank if I don't need to do any significant urban driving. That's really impressive and on par with diesels I've previously owned. I do tend to cruise at 55 to 60 though on the motorway. 🙂

Simon
Ampthill1

Post by Ampthill1 »

The engine fault light issue continues. The garage reckon it was caused by a non Vauxhall rubbber mat permanently touching the accelerator peddle. When I may have believed it. But the engine fault light is back again after three days after its latest garage visit.
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

😆 that has to be one of the best diagnosis I've heard, never mind from a Vauxhall garage. Curious to know how that would light up an engine fault.