Headlight issues....

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
fires911

Post by fires911 »

Morning,
Newbie to the forum..
Picked up a Grandland X 1.2 on Saturday , getting used to it however on way to work this morning in the dark , lights on AUTO and oncoming traffic kept flashing and one driver said I had full beam on - I checked and I hadn't , confirmed by flashing and putting full beam on (blue indicator on dash)

Are the lights just very bright ? can they been adjusted in height (maybe they are too high and need to be lowered ie when towing ?

Any advice would be great , got headache after other drivers either flashing or keeping their full beam on to try and tell me !!!!

Kevin (N herts)

Blueyhills

Post by Blueyhills »

fires911 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:27 am Morning,
Newbie to the forum..
Picked up a Grandland X 1.2 on Saturday , getting used to it however on way to work this morning in the dark , lights on AUTO and oncoming traffic kept flashing and one driver said I had full beam on - I checked and I hadn't , confirmed by flashing and putting full beam on (blue indicator on dash)

Are the lights just very bright ? can they been adjusted in height (maybe they are too high and need to be lowered ie when towing ?

Any advice would be great , got headache after other drivers either flashing or keeping their full beam on to try and tell me !!!!

Kevin (N herts)
Hi
Next to the Auto light control there are two dials - one alters the brightness of the dashboard etc and the other alters the height of the headlights.

I think there are 4 settings on it

0 : Front seats occupied
1 : All seats occupied
2 : All seats occupied and load compartment laden
3 : Drivers seat occupied and load compartment laden
fires911

Post by fires911 »

Blueyhills,
Thanks for quick reply - will have a look on way home this evening,
Many thanks
Kevin
fires911

Post by fires911 »

Blueyhills and others..
UPDATE :Thanks for tip - adjusted the height of headlamps as was on wrong setting...not a single flash from motorists on way home or into work this morning !!!!

Really appreciate your help.
Kevin
Blueyhills

Post by Blueyhills »

fires911 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:53 am Blueyhills and others..
UPDATE :Thanks for tip - adjusted the height of headlamps as was on wrong setting...not a single flash from motorists on way home or into work this morning !!!!

Really appreciate your help.
Kevin
Glad to help and that you are sorted out.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post