Instrument Panel Fuse Box

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
leng25

Post by leng25 »

hi, Have just taken delivery of a new Grandland X 1.2T Sport Nav Auto. Happy with the car so far apart from fact I cannot find the Instrument Panel fuse Box. I plan to use it to hard wire my dashcam as in my previous car. According to the car, for right hand drive cars, it is located behind a panel in the glove box, similar to where it was in my previous car, an Insignia. When I removed the panel there is no fuse box, just some wires and electrical connections. I have emailed the dealer where I purchased the vehicle and am awaiting a response. Has anyone else found this fuse box where it is supposed to be? If not, does anyone know where the Instrument Panel Fuse Box is located?

Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

It's inside the glovebox, there is a cover on it but when I installed my dash cam I removed the glovebox. Easy to do, a few screws underneath and inside the glovebox then remove the left side plastic trim over it and you can lower the front of the glovebox. Be careful not to snag the light cable.
leng25

Post by leng25 »

IMG_20191012_103731.jpg

Midinotes, thanks for your reply. When I take the cover in the fuse box off I see a number of cables and connections as per the attached photo. I do not see any fuse box. Is this what you see and does the glove box have to be removed before the fuse box can be seen?
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

On my June 2018 Grandland X 1.2T sport you can just see the fuse box behind these connectors, kind of lower left area. Here is a photo of mine with the cover removed but not removing the box, you can just see the fuses lower left behind the connectors....

69D8FB72-26D2-4797-822A-02FEABF0743B.jpeg

6E2379B2-909A-439E-879A-619874450746.jpeg

leng25

Post by leng25 »

Thanks for the photo. I've found the fuse box hiding behind the cables. It's certainly a lot less obvious than in an Insignia and more difficult to get at. Next step is to hardwire my dashcam. Thanks for your help.
Jamie226

Post by Jamie226 »

I'm wanting to do same hardwire dashcam what fuse do I use.
leng25

Post by leng25 »

Hi, unless you want the dashcam to have power all the time, the power connection should be piggybacked onto a fuse which gets power when the ignition is switched on. I have used the fuse which covers the power outlet front. My dashcam comes on automatically when the ignition comes on and goes off shortly after the ignition is switched off. According to the Owner's Manual this is either fuse 32 or 33 depending on the version. Hope this helps.
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

Hi
My new nextbase dashcam requires a permanent live I was thinking of using the central locking fuse or is there a better option.
Apparently it has a voltage sensor so it wont drain the battery.
thanks in advance
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

DickDastardly wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:54 pm Hi
My new nextbase dashcam requires a permanent live I was thinking of using the central locking fuse or is there a better option.
Apparently it has a voltage sensor so it wont drain the battery.
thanks in advance
Hey,

I wouldn't recommend you use any fuse that is related to locking system, airbags, seat belts or any other safety feature of the car. It's better to be safe than sorry.

My dashcam uses 2 fuses, one is for switched ignition and one is for permanent power. I've used a voltmeter and personally I'd recommend you use the following fuses like I have. They aren't for anything "major" and are easily accessible compared to the rest.

Should one of them blow at any point, car will still be operational where as if a more significant one such as central locking was to blow - you might be screwed. That's my point of view anyway. If anyone disagrees fair enough. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Fuse 28 - USB / Infotainment / OnStar *Permanent*
Fuse 32 - Cigarette Lighter / Power Outlet Front *Switched*

Hope this helps.

20201215_114654.jpg

20201215_115145.jpg

Blinky2134

Post by Blinky2134 »

I have managed to blow the fuse on the 12v output (a USB cable managed to find its way in and short the socket). Can somebody tell me how to get to the fusebox and where the fuse is located? It looks a nightmare to get to!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post