constant problems

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Joehefc

Post by Joehefc »

Hi, sorry for the long message but here are my issues:

I got a new Grandland 1st April this year.

Within a couple of months was getting messages on the screen at random times to ‘Find My nearest Lookers’.

Took it in in July, they returned it saying they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. Got the car back and have continued to receive these messages at random times.

Last month the car stalled at the lights and then jolted forward, the stop/start failed.

Lookers said the battery was at 72% and this was why, but offered no explanation for this (I have read all through the other thread).

They said the oil and filters have also deteriorated due to my ‘driving patterns’ and this has caused the service light to come on (car is 7 months old). When I questioned this they said I haven’t been using it for long enough journeys.

The car is driven approx 20miles of a morning and 20 of a night, down the motorway to and from work, 2 - 3 days a week. The rest of the week it is parked on the path. It has done approx 4000 miles in 7 months.

Lex Autolease (lease company), Lookers (lease company’s garage), and Vauxhall are all in agreement the car hasn’t been used on long enough journeys.

They also cannot explain the message on the screen to find nearest Lookers, which I have been getting since the car was about 2 months old.

I’m in dispute with all 3 of these that these are warranty problems. I’ve spoke to two separate garages who have said that is nonsense and 6, 20 mile journeys down a motorway per week are plenty.

Has anyone else had any issues similar, and any advise?

- Battery dropped to 72%
- Service light showing due to ‘driving patterns’
- Message on screen to find nearest Lookers

Thanks 👍

Dag Hammar

Post by Dag Hammar »

Please state which engine you have. Petrol 1.2 litre or diesel 1.6 or 1.5. Manual or automatic gearbox.
That might then draw more response from other users if they’ve had any similar problems.
Joehefc

Post by Joehefc »

Sorry, it’s a Vauxhall Grandland X 1.5 Turbo D Sport Nav 5dr
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

This seems to be Vauxhall's stock answer to problems they can't resolve. We are not driving the cars far enough. Since when has the buying of a car dependent on how much you drive? Nowhere in the brochures does it state a minimum mileage to be driven.
Joehefc

Post by Joehefc »

Lease company offer mileage of 8000 per year. 8000 / 365 = less than 22 miles per day.

Need to make their mind up should I be driving 22 miles per day or long distance journeys