Severe lack of power

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 »

So, had my 1.5 Diesel since June 2018, and I seem to have been fairly lucky so far from what I've read on the forums, but lately I've had some issues. I'm getting the horrible noise when braking in reverse, my heating/cooling fans are now quite noisy, but the worst issue I've had (and it's happened twice now) is a sudden lack of power when under 2000RPM. It's almost like it's only running on 2 cylinders. It shudders and when you press the accelerator (in neutral) it struggles to get about 2.5K RMP. When it does it then seems to run normally, but as soon as it goes back down it struggles again.
When in 1st gear, I struggled to get the car moving without stalling. After a reboot is seemed fine.

I'm going to contact Vauxhall/LexAutolease about it but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018

mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 »

Happened again last night and managed to record some video while phone was in it's holder on dashboard. It doesn't do it justice, but you can see the shutter when I try to accelerate. Thought I'd share in case some else gets this.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zfkR7XWs5B597yMW8
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018
Epochking72

Post by Epochking72 »

Hi did you get to the bottom of it?
Epochking72

Post by Epochking72 »

I’ve been having same issues, multiple spark plug changes and it broke down last night.
Garage are now saying the it might be the compression and or injectors

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post