Parking Sensors

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
robbo990

Post by robbo990 »

Just bought a new Grandland Sport Nav, anyone having issues with the rear parking sensors? Mine are convinced I'm gonna reverse into something when there is nothing there. I initially thought it was the tow bar and was resigned to the fact that it was the way it was.

Today they were fine and worked perfectly.

Then it rained and back to constant tone and your gonna hit something!!

Surely they can't be affected by water droplets?
2019 Vauxhall Grandland x 1.5 TurboDiesel SportNav Auto (Jasper Grey)

Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Never had any issues with mine, neither in rain or cold weather. I suggest returning to the dealer and asking them to check/calibrate the sensors. I think the official towbar will automatically disable the rear sensors when used (the toward is used that is). Have you tried disabling them and renabling them with the button infront of the gears? My old astra had problems in rain, but those sensors were after market. The vauxhall ones are pretty reliable, even after jet washing.

Simon
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I had this issue with my previous car Vauxhall Mokka X it turned out to be too much paint on the sensors affected them. If its brand new take it back to your dealership to sort out.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Never had an issue with them.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
robbo990

Post by robbo990 »

Turned out to be a loose connection. Thanks for your help
2019 Vauxhall Grandland x 1.5 TurboDiesel SportNav Auto (Jasper Grey)