Jump start

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Gr4ndl4ndx

Post by Gr4ndl4ndx »

Any advice on if the Grandland should be used to jump start another car or be jump started if needed? I’m sure I got told once that it could mess the electricals up some how.

John12b

Post by John12b »

I was asked to help out , but it was not practical .As I found it difficult to connect the negative simply because of the lack of space ,plus the positive disconnects as you try to give yourself space to connect the clamp,I dont know about messing up the electrics with a bit of luck someone will let us know for certain . I have a diesel ,I have no idea about a petrol
Grandland x sports nav 1.5 diesel
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

It doesn't work!

I tried jumping my girlfriends Corsa.... Bad idea.

The cars electrics all went very strange. I had to leave it off for 5-10 mins for the CPU to clear, then when it came back on the service light came on and that was that...

I tried again and the same thing happened, without the service light. Safe to say, I wont be doing it again!
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
DaPa

Post by DaPa »

John12b wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:55 pm I was asked to help out , but it was not practical .As I found it difficult to connect the negative simply because of the lack of space ,plus the positive disconnects as you try to give yourself space to connect the clamp,I dont know about messing up the electrics with a bit of luck someone will let us know for certain . I have a diesel ,I have no idea about a petrol
I read on page 230/231 of the manual there is an earthing point somewhere in the engine bay, it might be under the engine cover.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Owners manual picture.

Screenshot_20210201_151916.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post