NAV 5.0 Intellilink always switching back to radio

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
AuronnBE

Post by AuronnBE »

Hi all, a Grandland X driver since November '19. Having a good time with the car, but there is one very annoying problem with the NAV 5.0 Intellilink that is driving me crazy, especially after driving 2 days in an Astra Tourer with older Intellilink which works like it is supposed to.

So the 5.0 always reverts back to radio. I'm mainly listening to Spotify through Bluetooth. So when I get out of the car of 1 minute, get back in and start driving again. I would expect the bluetooth to resume after it reconnects (it may even take 1 minute, don't care), but no, radio starts blasting at the same volume I was having my Spotify running.
When I get in, in the morning, radio starts playing, I switch sources, but my Spotify isn't running yet on my phone. I would do it at the next stopping lights, but the Intellilink system is like: Hey, there's no music playing, let me switch back to radio after 10/15 seconds. So after activating my Spotify, I have to switch my source manually again.

I think the problem is in the os, greying out the bluetooth and/or Android Auto options when there is no connection yet, making the car always switch back to radio. That is not how the system should work. With the older Intellilink systems the car always remembers what you were listening to the last time. So when you get back in the car, bluetooth is activated again and waiting for connection. When found it resumes playing where you cut it off last time.

Please oh please, someone, tell me I didn't search good enough and there's an option to make Bluetooth/Android Car the default option and make it so the car is always in that mode when I start the car.

Thank you in advance.

PS: Is there a way to install an older version of Intellilink in your car via the USB if there's no fix in the 5.0 version. I'm using Waze as my car navigation, so don't really need other options than a 'normal' audio system

AuronnBE

Post by AuronnBE »

So I guess this is a feature of the Grandland? I noticed at my local garage they also didn't really understand the problem. Although the 2 days with the Astra Tourer (and any other car tbh, had an Audi A3 before this) are proof they did it different in another version of Intellilink.

If anyone here has a fix or option to make Bluetooth default and always start up when I get in the car, please let me know. Thank you.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Might be totally irrelevant, but I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and I have set the Grandland as a 'trusted device' on the phone in the security settings so the phone automatically connects to the intellilink bluetooth on start up. If I were playing Spotify, then spotify connects.

Mine is one of the original models when it came out, although my whole intellilink unit was replaced in the first few months. Did they tweak and change anything with later models I wonder?

I went to my local dealer a few weeks ago to look at a swap for a newer Grandland...in all fairness I felt like I was having to downgrade the car there was so much missing on the new models that I now take for granted - I said Id stick with my last year of PCP and see it through. The value of the car the dealer offered me was the same as what I still owe so the deal made no sense and Im happy to keep it.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
AuronnBE

Post by AuronnBE »

edgejedi wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:11 pm Might be totally irrelevant, but I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and I have set the Grandland as a 'trusted device' on the phone in the security settings so the phone automatically connects to the intellilink bluetooth on start up. If I were playing Spotify, then spotify connects.
Thanks for taking the time to give me an option to try. At the moment it seems I don't need to add something as a trusted device as I don't have a screen lock on my phone and then 'Smart Lock' is greyed out. But I will try some things. Thanks for giving me a sliver of hope ;).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post