Handbrake issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Emzh_92x

Post by Emzh_92x »

Hi looking to see if anyone has encountered the same issue as I am not to savvy with cars so apologies for the bad description of my issue.

I have 2018 plate crossland that I got in June 2019.

Car drivers great never had an issue till last night I drove home and went to apply the handbrake and it wouldn't catch it just went back down. Tried multiple times same issue. Eventually after a dozen tries I finally got it to stay up and appears to have kept the car in place fine overnight.

It doesnt appear the cable has snapped as when I try to lift the handbrake you can still feel the the normal pull you experience when using the handbrake and given the fact it then worked after numerous tries.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this. Could it be a manufacturing issue as a car of a year old surelt should not be having a handbrake issue already.

Waiting to go to Vauxhall garage for it to be checked as it's under warranty depending the cause.

LyndaH

Post by LyndaH »

Hi,

Not sure if you’ll pick this up, but you never know! I have a 2018 Crossland that I bought 2nd hand 6 weeks ago, and I’ve just had the same problem.

Did you ever get to the source of the issue?

Thanks
Tamaraj

Post by Tamaraj »

Mine started doing this today. Not engaging intermittently. Will eventually engage and is holding (tried on a hill) but takes lots of goes. 2018 crossland diesel with only 22000 on clock. Any suggestions?
SusanDava

Post by SusanDava »

Hi can anyone advise what the outcome was with handbrake issues please. Having same problem with my handbrake (works one minute and not the next)
ADunne

Post by ADunne »

I have the same issue in Ireland, has anyone had any update on this issue?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post