Drivers seat leather damage

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

Hi All,

How are everyones seats holding up? I noticed on mine last night that a bit of leather has come away on the bolster. Looks a lot dryer than the passenger seat and seems more will come away. I've done 28k miles since Jan 2018, bit dissapointed with it if i'm honest. Anyone think I can claim on warranty?

I don't carry any sharp objects in my pockets and the car has been kept immaculate since I got it.
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Mine is holding up well, 23k since Jan 18.

I'd still go for warranty cover tbh if I were you.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

Mine was good at that milage too :(

Got it going into Vauxhall to fix my heater vent issue and they're going to photograph for Vauxhall to agreee/disagree with the warranty claim.

I understand if they don't accept as it looks malicious, but I am the only one who drives it and never have anything sharp on me!

New Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hope you get it sorted. Whats the issue your facing with your heater vents?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:49 pm Hope you get it sorted. Whats the issue your facing with your heater vents?
I got a quote from a leather trimmers to repair, £160 most expensive quote and local up to £120 but a bit far away from me. I don't think they'll do anything at Vauxhall apart from claim I done it... But here's hoping.

On the heater vents, the driver ones basically hang down and they're not very good. I read the Pug 3008's aren't very powerful either, but they shouldn't hang down like mine do. Just checked one in the showroom when dropping my car off at the dealers and mine looks to be missing 4-5 lug screws!

New Grandland

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post