firmware/satnav updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Both links dont work for me but thanks anyway.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

What happens when you try the links? Both work for me.
Updating the maps can be tricky, let me run through the steps.
Download the update to your pc
Unzip using ONLY winrar, no other tools work
16Gb sticks works best, but MUST be formatted FAT32
Insert stick into FRONT usb
Start engine.
Switch to sat nav.
Should get a message asking if you want to update.
If you get an error message , remove stick and reinsert. It can take 2-3 tries before it works.
If you still cannot download , please message me i can send you the files on a stick, ready yo go
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi thanks for replying. I have updated many updates before and they usually work.
The first link goes to the main tomtom page and nothing happens
The second one downloads but says version not compatible on Nav screen. I used 7-Zip which is usually fine for all previous updates.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Pvb

Post by Pvb »

I had this message trying the software update:
Winrar or 7-zip should work, winzip does not. The separate license file should be placed in a folder named 'license'. Did you succeed with the software update?
The map update then gave me no problems
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It only SWL and Updateinfo when I downloaded it nothing else
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

The license is a separate download. Comes down unzip just copy to stick into license folder
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

On the website link you posted there is only one folder to download and the tomtom one only goes to the main TomTom homepage.
exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

It was exactly the same for me. Only the TomTom homepage, and to download you have to pay. On the Magentacloud it was only one data file which was SWL and info. No license .
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

exmokkaman wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:30 pm It was exactly the same for me. Only the TomTom homepage, and to download you have to pay. On the Magentacloud it was only one data file which was SWL and info. No license .
Its good to see its not just me then. Hopefully we can get the new map somehow.
exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

I contacted Vauxhall support, told them of the current situation trying to obtain updates. They replied after only a few days. They sent me a link to the Vauxhall update page which gave me the same update I received in February! I thought updates were available more often but of course "Corvid 19" will put things behind time. As you say, hopefully we might get some help to get up to date maps/firmware for when all this terrible virus calms down.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post