firmware/satnav updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

I've tried several times to update the firmware and satnav without success. I've downloaded the instructions from the Peugot and Vauxhall site and followed them to the letter. Just get two "failure" screens saying either no media on the stick or a corrupted file. I've formatted the 32 gig sticks (two of them) to fat32 four times in all but still get the same messages. I've used my computer and also my tablet to download and load the sticks. My car is Grandland x Business edition nav 1.2 and is only two months old . I'm beginning to look towards the satnav being faulty. Any ideas would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.

Atariman

Post by Atariman »

What Zip program are you using?

WinRAR or 7Zip work Correctly
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

Hi I'm using winzip.
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

You need to change either 7Zip or winrar, WinZip does not work right
exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

Downloaded and used 7zip. Now only getting one error message " No media content on the USB memory stick". I'm getting very stressed out!
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

So on USB you should have SWL folder and update info file. I unzip straight to USB but it works the other way, in unzipping to computer and copying to USB

When you plug the USB in, the first thing that comes up is the NO MEDIA error, then wait a while and then it should pop up Satnav update Page, not sure what it says but you select maps you want to up date and tap yes.

For firmware you just need to unzip update to usb and create licence folder and copy licence file into it, (Check other post regarding correct spelling and put it in lower case) . plug it in and go through update procedure

Both now work every time I do them, once I got it right
exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

Thanks for your help. I've downloaded winrar and will have another try when I'm home on Sunday. I'm away for the weekend starting am Friday.
exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

Success at last! Many thanks for your help and advice Atariman . WinRAR did the trick. I've been using WinZip for many years and this is the first time it has not been able to unzip properly. Vauxhall actually recommend using WinZip. I must admit I didn't download from Vauxhall because I was told that the updates are not as new as Peugeot. Once again, thank you.
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

No problem, glad I could help, I have used WinRAR for ages, so guess I was lucky in this respect.

I always download from Peugeot site, as more up to date and also have firmware updates. Now you have done it once, should be easy from now on.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Hi anyone can advise My car went into dealership yesterday for first service & Radio + Nav updated and still not got my car back Garage say update taking a while to download will keep car overnight .Phoned then today & Was told download of update still downloading it must be because everyone is on the internet ? .Im sure garage not got a clue but .I waited 2 months for this update and now can’t get it due to cowboys not knowing what to do .
Anyone had this issue
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post