firmware/satnav updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
refereerick

Post by refereerick »

Hi GRANDLANDX68 I've tried it in a Libre office doc but I can't get it to work. I must be a bit of a dunce! I'm beginning to think I'm just going to have to drive around pretending its still 2017! Thanks for your help anyway.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi refereerick.

Try this one

http://download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/MAP/ ... _WAVE2.tar

Copy this into a word document and press enter which should highlight it Blue. Then right click it and open the link.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
refereerick

Post by refereerick »

Hi GRANDLANDX, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! It finally worked! I can't thank you enough for all your help, I was getting rather frustrated with it having spent about 10-15 solid hours trying to get it to work. I owe you one mate, you're an absolute star!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi refereerick No problem. I was the same at first but for some reason the way I did it above it worked. Every other way I tried didnt.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
refereerick

Post by refereerick »

Same here mate, was just about ready to give up on it, but thanks to you all is good now. Thanks again mate.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

:)
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Lock-N wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:51 am Hi anyone can advise My car went into dealership yesterday for first service & Radio + Nav updated and still not got my car back Garage say update taking a while to download will keep car overnight .Phoned then today & Was told download of update still downloading it must be because everyone is on the internet ? .Im sure garage not got a clue but .I waited 2 months for this update and now can’t get it due to cowboys not knowing what to do .
Anyone had this issue
Update now over a month still not fixed car going in again and wanting to keep for 2 days as they have a top Teck coming in to update it ??
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

When you get your car back and before you leave the stealer, check you are updated. Should be maps at version 15 or 17 or 18 and firmware should be 21-08-25-12.
To check select the 4 squares button, then options, system settings, then bottom right sys info, then view. Should show map and firmware versions
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
AlSheps

Post by AlSheps »

Hi Everyone. I own a Crossland with the same satnav as the Grandland. I came across your forum as I have been trying to update my 2018 Crossland and getting the same issue as a lot of people with the Grandland. I even emailed Vauxhall as I was getting the message when trying the update that the hardware and software weren't compatible. After a few e-mail back and forward I was told to take the car into my local dealer. They had a look and told me that It has to be the user that does the update, or they could do the update for me but it would be £130+VAT. I am sure you can imagine my answer.
Although I wasn't very happy at the raid on my wallet they did make some suggestions and one was to try a different make of USB stick as I had been using a 32GB Kingston memory stick. They gave me a list of known compatible USB devices that they said to try, although I was a little concerned when some of the recommendations were for 4GB and 8GB modules. Vauxhall recommends 32GB. Although the list had various USB sticks listed they did recommend using a SanDisk. Fortunately I have a 32GB SanDisk which I bought a couple of months ago and I have just tried it.
I had already the download and saved the update from the Vauxhall site(2019 Europe Crossland X Grandland X ) and had unzipped using WinZip. If you use WinZip please go into the WinZip settings and you will find a checkbox "Convert LF to CR/LF" which is selected by default. Uncheck it. I copied the unzipped file and folder to my SanDisk USB which I had already formatted to FAT and copied them over. Once installed I inserted the USB stick into the port and it came up USB not recognised, however this time I started the car which I hadn't tried before and it came up asking if I wanted to update the maps. Success at last after about 8 weeks. It may have been the USB drive or the fact I started the car this time which helped, but my USB drive is stored away for the purpose of satnav updates only.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Thanks GLX. I followed your instructions, got to the Tom Tom Page and followed the links for in dash systems. This took me to the Vauxhall site and down loaded 2019-Q3 update. Does that sound right to yourself?

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post