engine ticking and smoke (gasoline engine)

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
mihaif

Post by mihaif »

Hi

As I couldn't find any answer on the Grandland forum in my country, I'm hoping to find it here. Or at least a suggestion or advice.

I bought a new Grandland 1.2 turbo automatic 6 gearbox one year ago.
The car has a ticking / knocking sound when accelerating - only when the engine is cold and under load (never when I rev it in park).
What's more, there's a strong gasoline smell coming from the exhaust and, of course, black smoke.

here's some links with the tapping sound

and here's the one with the black smoke

Of course I took it back to the dealer several times, wrote emails and everything, but apparently no one knows how to solve this issue.
And it's bugging me for more than 8 months now. The dealer says it is normal.
Everything looks normal on the tester, no fault codes, and so on.

Any suggestions?
Many thanks,

Mihai.

grampymike

Post by grampymike »

Hi Mihai, yes I have the noise under load too also when its cold, not had the smoke though, more noticable with the windows closed.Also have the 1.2 petrol, but manual box. Dealer had it in but only noise they could detect was to do with the braking system.A friend who has the 3008 also mentioned the same thing, again only the noise not the smoke.
mihaif

Post by mihaif »

Thank you for your answer.
I thought I’m the only one on earth having this issue as I couldn’t find anything after reading the whole internet.

I’ll have the car back to dealer tomorrow for an emission test. I’m pretty sure it’s a bad injector (they’re working at different parameters when the engine is cold and also under load - probably the noise has the same cause)

Keep you posted

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post