Heated Steering Wheel

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Deleted User 864

Post by Deleted User 864 »

I don’t have they heated steering wheel in my Grandland but was wondering if it was possible to fit.

I notice the button to turn it on is on the steering wheel itself. A heated steering wheel can be picked up on eBay for about £120.

My question, is it just a simple case of switching them over and they are plug and play or is anything else required?

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi, I am unable to give a definitive answer to your question but will say it may be necessary to also have the vehicle recoded before the heater will work. This seems to be the norm with can bus systems.
I have found, within my Grandland, many 'spare' connectors which makes me to believe a limited number of looms are used during production and that many accessories /extras can be installed afterwards. What I would like to see, is a wiring diagram, I may then have a better chance of identifying the possible use of these spares. My Grandland is the SE model and it is fitted with both heated seats and heated steering wheel. Don't think these would be standard but to allow for easy fit in the factory, a standard loom would help.
Best of luck.
MaccAferri

Post by MaccAferri »

I installed heated steering wheels on the Kia Sportage. Apart from the steering wheel, it was necessary to replace the airbag clock spring and connect the power supply.
Opel Grandland X Ultimate, White Pearl, 1.2 130 kM, AT8, IntelliGrip

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post