Panoramic Roof Cracked Glass

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Dave K

Post by Dave K »

After nearly 5 months and endless emails with Vauxhall including one to the UK CEO the roof for my car has arrived at the dealership. Car is booked in for repair in a couple of weeks. Informed poss cause of crack is a bolt slightly protruding underneath the glass roof

Fielders132

Post by Fielders132 »

Hi all. I started this thread back in April but have not really kept up to date over the last few months. I would just like to let you all know that my panoramic roof has still NOT been fixed!! I have been in regular communication with my dealer who has had all the necessary parts since June with the exception of one. The part in question is the Interior Roof Module, Part PYP00066180, which I have also been told is on back order. In July I was informed by my dealer that there were 18 on back order throughout Europe with no sign of a delivery date. I assume others have the same issue. The fracture in my roof has gradually increased and now after over 6 months sweeps 2/3rd across the roof.

I have been continuously chased VX Customer Care for support on this issue. First writing to them in July, I have yet to receive any meaningful or helpful response. I have chased every week either by phone or email and only after phone calls do I get a email response saying they will chase up the part order. Customer Service is a joke. They may not be able to magic the part but is it too much to ask for regular updates so at least you feel your claim is being taken seriously? Promises to call back or email me never materialise and my assigned claim handler is never there to discuss the issue and apparently no one else can help.

Thanks GRANDLANDX68 for the CEO name. He may be getting an email or two from me very soon.

Sorry for the rant. Please let me know if any of you guys are experiencing the exact same problem.

All the best and carry on keeping safe.
Fielders132

Post by Fielders132 »

Sorry Dave K. I missed your post before I submitted my last post. My dealer has had the glass roof since June but has been waiting for this other part. Do let us know if your roof gets repaired ok. Can you also post the contact email address for the VX CEO .

Thanks
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Vauxhall UK
Mr Stephen Norman Managing Director

Email stephen.norman@vauxhall.co.uk
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:57 am Vauxhall UK

Its the only way to get anything done. I already am down this route and yes I am getting repairs done.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Fielders132

Post by Fielders132 »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:57 am Vauxhall UK

Thanks GRANDLANDX68 and Mark C. I'm drafting my email now.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

No problem I used this contact for my stop start issue which was fixed for a small while and now its not working again so back to CEO office. As said its only way to get something done.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Fielders132

Post by Fielders132 »

Hi. Just a quick update. I emailed the Vauxhall CEO and within 2 days received a positive reply and apology. Within another 2 days I was informed that the delayed part had been ordered directly from the manufacturer and should be with the dealership within 3 weeks. A day later the dealership also contacted me confirming the same. So much happier now with the hope everything will be fixed within the next few weeks and before winter sets in.

I feel I have wasted 2-3 months waiting but at least things are now progressing.

Thanks all again for all your advice.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

:)
Fielders132

Post by Fielders132 »

Hi. Some good news at last. All the necessary parts arrived and my Grandland X finally went in on Monday for the replacement panoramic roof after a 7 month wait. It was in for 3 days and it looks like everything is ok. Credit to the dealership, you wouldn't know the car had been touched.....apart from the missing crack! I'm reserving judgement for a while until I know it doesn't leak or even crack again. Hopefully all will be fine. As a gesture of goodwill for the delay Vauxhall have offered me a free service. Happy Days!! :P