Engine Failure: Repair Needed

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Jaguarpalace

Post by Jaguarpalace »

Hi I’ve come across your situation whilst browsing the internet looking for similar cases to my current situation.

I’ve now been without my Granland X 1.2T Sport Nav for around 36 days now due to an on going back and forth dispute with my main dealer.
To cut a long story short, 3/4 weeks prior the ending management light and spanner came up on my dash anytime I’d set off with high revs, I manage to book my car in as soon as possible due to current climate of what’s going on etc.. been told after continuous incorrect info and messing about that the engine oil was over filled and a fault code of P1033 knock detected medium level P1032 knock detected level low and P15a1 engine oil pressure too low was the cause of the problem. They then advised to set the correct oil level and clear fault codes which will resolve the issue. I knew that this wouldn’t work but Vauxhall insisted anyway.. didn’t work. Engine oil light come back on with same code P15a1 - with particles from the engine timing belt affecting parts in the engine oil circuit..
The car btw has only done 15k mileage with 2 full services so I’m surprised it’s got such a severe engine issue..?
Stuck what to do now as they have decline warranty due to the oil level being over filled even thought I have full service history done with Vauxhall registered
Parts etc. Currently being told either a new engine costing £6092 or engine rebuild or refill drained oil into car after it’s been drained and “see how it goes” costing me £550

Can really do with some advice as to what to do next? Also I don’t know if this is any help but also came across that the same module was recalled a month prior to me purchasing the vehicle in august 2018 because engine oil leak from oil plug could lead to engine oil stain or engine oil volume MIL to low/oil pressure to low..

Any suggestions very much welcomed

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Jaguarpalace

Sorry to hear of all your issues. I would contact the Vauxhall CEO as this seems to be one of the only way to get things done at the moment.

Vauxhall UK
Mr Stephen Norman Managing Director

Email stephen.norman@vauxhall.co.uk
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post