AGM battery

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

Looking to fit a new battery (AGM). Various intermittent faults showing, Can't drive off without touching handbrake button and foot brake peddle. engine fault needs repair, front drivers door open. Total lack of power when starting off from stop. (only once). I was told by a technition that the battery isn't being charged enough. What size ah is best for 2019 Grandland x 1.2 petrol business edition nav. Thanks in advance.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi exmokkaman my Battery was replaced by Vauxhall under warranty as it didnt have enough charge and the stop start wasnt working. I asked for a AGM battery but it was replaced with a Vauxhall Battery EFB (Original was a Varta battery )with seems to of done the Job.

Battery EFB
4423996 12V 70 AH
720 CCAEN
670CCA(SAE/GS
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

Many thanks.
exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

Bought an AGM battery online from Halfords yesterday. £159 +25 fitting, total £184. Received a text message about half an hour later saying it was ok to call and have it fitted. Went to my local store and a technician asked me what make and model of car the battery was for. I told him and he declared that his machine didn't have the updated software to do it. I got an apology and refund but that doesn't help with the battery replacement. How do they carry on in business?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I would try and get it done under warranty exmokkaman by contacting headoffice and going to The CEO office which I did and got mine replaced. They know the Varta batteries arent good so replace quiet easily.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

Had the RAC out and they said the battery is fully charged and ok. He saw all the faults that had "clocked up" and told me it is a software fault and to take it back to the garage. Took the car back to the garage who had it in for inspection. They called me after two and a half hours saying it was ready. When I got there they said no faults were showing and the RAC must have deleted them. They also said that the technition had taken the car on a long drive and nothing shoiwed up. Any problems was because the car hadn't been driven enough. The long drive by the technition was two miles! I always take a photo of the dash before taking it in. I have sent an email to "Motobility" who I got the car through explaining what has gon e on and that I'm not happy with their explanation or service. Just waing on a reply now..
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

They replaced mine with a Peugeot one and it seems to be OK
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post