Back in again

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for the update. Hopefully this will resolve some of the previous issues.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

What really gets me is that it has taken nearly 2 years to get here. It is obvious dealers are not listening or cannot have the ability to repair properly.

Anyhow next stage is to fight for compensation or good will gesture.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It's the inexperience and knowledge of the newer cars as they are PSA cars. I would deffo look for a goodwill gesture considering you havent been able to enjoy the car to its full potential. Maybe get intouch with the Financial ombudsman if you paid by finance and dont get anywhere with Vauxhall.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Well I got it back. Heater panel seems to be working after it being replaced. The stop start is working with the new battery and the heated windscreen has been reconfigured for the drivers side to start first then the passengers. This makes sense for a right hand drive car. So all good so far with the exception of the brakes.

As soon as I got home, I put it into reverse and yes it was still there. This time I have videod it and sent it straight off to Vauxhall. Fair enough the person who is dealing with it cannot comment on it but it has been sent to the Technical Field Manage!! I also offered to drive to Linwood to demonstrate it as this is the only sensible way to go about it. So we shall see.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for the update. Its good to hear some faults have been resolved hopefully you will get the brakes sorted aswell.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

How do we post a video on here. I would like to share the noise that my brakes make.

Mark
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Well they got to the bottom of the noise. It was the caliper. So brake pads discs and calipers all replaced.

The first time in 2 1/2 years no noise whatsoever and it feels fantastic.

Oh and 2 years free service as well.

Mark
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Good to hear you got it sorted.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

It is worth while pursuing the CEO office it does seem to make folk take action. Thanks again GLX for the details.

Mark
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

No problem. My car is back in Tuesday for the stop start again. I thought it was fixed last time but stopped after a few months. Got the CEO OFFICE to open case again so we will see deffo helps having them involved though.