The 'Joy' of Connect Vauxhall

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

Do you remember when cars used to work for us?
Since delivery, I seem to be working for the car!
Today, I made an effort to get this E-remote thing working
I have received an email from Vauxhall saying
Please find your order summary below:
Order number: Lzjs0P5YGTzbNKxd
Order date: 15/08/2020
Total amount of your order (incl.VAT): £ 0.0

YOUR CONTRACT
e-Remote Control
Contract number: A-S02962049
Price (incl.VAT): £ 0.0
End date: See T&Cs
Vehicle: Grandland X (W0VZ45GB6L6032801)

Next steps:

To activate your service, you will need to associate your vehicle with your MyVauxhall account using the MyVauxhall app. To do so, please follow the below instructions in the next days.
My phone is connected by Bluetooth and I get this: -
My efforts are interrupted by advice that a map update is available.
So I use the link provided to download the map update, it only takes 3-hours.
I unzip the file to create a folder called SWL and here it is copied to an SD card in my USB card reader. I had done this recently and saved a lot of time by only updating the UK map on the 15 Aug 2020. All of Europe and Russia is an overnight job. Reminds me of ‘Floppy Disc’ days, when everything was on dial-up and the modem made a noise.
As you can see from my screen capture, the SD card can be read in my USB card reader, but when I plug it in to the car USB port I get an error message saying ‘no media on the USB stick’
I got a similar message on the last map update, but it sorted itself out and did the update of UK only.
This time, the PSA_map-eur_8.0.0-r0-NAC_EUR_WAVE4.tar - TAR archive, unpacked size 18,051,678,541 bytes refused to be read by the car.
I ordered a new USB stick, 32GB from Amazon and will try again when that arrives.
(I have no doubt the existing card and card reader are not at fault)
It’s a long time since I felt like crying with frustration, but this 204-mile car is ‘doing my ‘ead in’

Connect Vauxhall not compatible.jpg

IMG_20200831_095804 e remote not available pams.jpg

Capture sd card map update in usb card reader.JPG

Capture map update 15 Aug 2020.JPG

2020 Hybrid 4

robbo990

Post by robbo990 »

Vehicle status and information I believe is only available on the hybrid?

Is you car MY2019 or MY2020? This dictates which version maps you can use. (The app doesn't always correctly identify)
2019 Vauxhall Grandland x 1.5 TurboDiesel SportNav Auto (Jasper Grey)
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

Thank you robbo990, you identified the problem.
When in My Vauxhall on my android phone, I was offered a link to download for a map update.
My Vauxhall is aware that I have a Hybrid 4 MY2020, but the link is for maps that do not work with a 2020 car.
I found another source for MY2020 maps via 'Vauxhall Owners' website.
This was downloaded and transferred to the same SD card that failed the day before.
I have succeeded in updating the UK (only), I don't have the time to install all of Europe.
How I miss On Star, that I still have on my Mokka.
Regarding the Connect Vauxhall app, I phoned the customer assistance team "Who would be happy to help", but after a difficult conversation with a girl with broken English, she advised that she would give me another number to call! You guessed it, My local Vauxhall Picador garage.
I have come to terms with the futility of trying to make things work. Who needs an app anyway?
Whilst on the phone to the assistance team, I pointed out the error in the My Vauxhall app regarding wrong map link. I was left with the impression that my comments had gone down the black-hole of feedback.

Capture Owners map update offers pre-post MY2020.JPG

Capture Owners map update offers pre-post MY2020.JPG

Map update file MY2020.jpg

Map update file did not work.jpg

2020 Hybrid 4
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

Vauxhall e-connect- Update.
It seems this e-connect is only applicable to hybrid/electric vehicles, so quite a small audience at the moment.
After going off with a sulk, I thought I would show what can be achieved with persistence.
1. I believe I managed to get my Android phone to control the ‘Climate’ and pre-heat the car ready for departure at 0900.
2. I then tried to enable my wife’s phone to do the same, but that disabled my phone.
(See screen capture of text from Groupe PSA)
3. Both phones have sometimes failed to take control of the car.
(See screen capture "it is not possible to connect to this vehicle")
4. I found a small mention of connecting two phones, but not sure how to get back to that screen. On first registration of your smartphone, you may see “HOW TO REGISTER ANOTHER SMARTPHONE”.
If you do not take this opportunity, you will not see this screen again. A drastic cure may be to uninstall ‘My Vauxhall’ and start all over?
(See screen capture "SAVE THIS SMARTPHONE")
5. My attempts to try again were thwarted by this message: -
(See screen capture "SITE UNDER MAINTENANCE")
6. When using my laptop to go to 'My Vauxhall', I get to see this Pug too often.
(See Capture My Vauxhall website down)
7. Anyone with a method of using two phones with one car and two 'My Vauxhall' accounts?

Screenshot_20201007-121631 not possible to connect to this vehicle.jpg

register another smartphone.JPG

Screenshot_20201008-104918 new phone diables existing phone.jpg

Capture my vauxhall website down.JPG

Screenshot_20201007-182049 Site under maintenance.jpg

2020 Hybrid 4

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post