Map &firmware updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for adding it to the forum. I just tried it and say no results found for updates.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

tarroka

Post by tarroka »

Thanks for the Firmware and MAPS 18.

All worked as expected and I can see Vauxhall Logo coming now.

The Maps link is not working, but I seems the forum is corrupting the link and not downloadable.

http://download.tomtom.com /OEM/PSA/MAP/PSA_map-eur_18.0.0-r0-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar (please remove the space I added after .com to make it work)

When I installed the firmware, It restarted once after update then I opened maps, it restarted the whole device again ! now it is stable and no more restarts.
dbuckel

Post by dbuckel »

Since updating my firmware I have now noticed that it has introduced a new part of the voice activation. If you touch the steering wheel control and let go straight away it still works as normal working the Nav, phone etc. Now if you hold the voice control a bit longer it goes to a mobile phone voice control and connects a lot better, for example if you have several numbers against one name it reads them out to you. You no longer have to look through a list of very pale text and state which line you want.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Thanks for sharing the info. 👍
Xubuntu50

Post by Xubuntu50 »

Oh joy! I've held off and ignored Vauxhall's nags to upgrade Navi 5 in the hope that the longer I leave it the more chance there is that I might get a build that gets rid of the useless grey text. I finally relented last week and to my surprise the local Ipswich dealer provided 21-08-84-12. Temperature is now readable and I think other text is better too. Not had a chance yet to test everything but so far all appears OK.

...and maps update. Had tried umpteen times to load version 15 obtained from Vauxhall's site without success. "Version incompatible etc" every time on both the old and new sytsem builds. Downloaded the PSA maps from TomTom's site (http://download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/MAP/ ... _WAVE2.tar) built a stick exactly as before and they installed straight away - and work perfectly. Second joy!
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Great news. 😊😊👍
Lee20

Post by Lee20 »

Hi I have tried to update my 20 plate sat back today using the Q1 20 update. I have used WINZIP ensured the conversion CF/LF tar conversion is unticked as recommended. However when I plug the usb that’s got the downloaded file on it says on the sat Nav screen screen media error no files. I know there is !!!. Can anyone advise please? The last update Q3 2019 downloaded ok
nallen132

Post by nallen132 »

you need to find the "PSA_map-eur_18.0.0-r0-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar" map update see above, to update to maps version 18, ones on the vauxhall site dont work
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

tarroka

Post by tarroka »

Did you format the usb stick to Fat32 ? I used winrar for unzipping and didnt need to do anything special.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post