Map &firmware updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

OK guys I have now uploaded the Firmware version 21-08-25-12 to a Google drive storage.

LATEST UPDATE TO PROCESS TO GET CORRECT LICENSE FILE*************************
License file is not needed. Just put firmware file onto usb. Go to car. Ensure car is connecred to blutooth tethering. Insert usb with engine running. Ststem will get license file over internet via phone. May get error meg(s) but should start and work fine. THANK YOU TASOS KOMNINOS FOR WORKING THIS OUT

Firmware 21-08-25-12

Maps v18
http://download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/MAP/ ... _WAVE2.tar
I will try and keep them up to date
Remember
Use a USB memory stick 32Gb+ and unzip with WINRAR
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5

Luka07

Post by Luka07 »

Hi,

How can we make an update if we don't have a license file and if we don't have blutooth tethering?
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

As lomg as vauxhall and peugeot continue to not offer update. You cannot do a firmware update. Map updates do not need license files
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
Luka07

Post by Luka07 »

I calculated how to update the firmware as well because I made an update map on v18 even though they did not offer an update via their application. I also thought that another license file could be used to do this. thank you :)

IMG_20200913_144419.jpg

Neurotica

Post by Neurotica »

So Luka did you do it with a license file? Which one?
KeEp ThE fAiTh . . .
Neurotica

Post by Neurotica »

Well, I confirm that with a tethered phone you don’t need a license file. (thumb up)
KeEp ThE fAiTh . . .
Bry607

Post by Bry607 »

I have tried doing it this way and also from the my vauxhall website.
Cant seem to get it to work either way. Either get, 'no media content' or 'corrupt file' message.
Any help appreciated.
On the my vauxhall website it also has a download for pre or post model 2020.
My grandland was registered March 2020 so im presuming i am post??
Also from the my vauxhall app, it says version 16 is available for download.. Strange
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi all, is there a simple way to update the sat nav..........?
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
leng25

Post by leng25 »

Hi, I emailed Vauxhall CEO asking how often Vauxhall expects to issue map and firmware updates and when the next issues would be available. I received the following response:

This is a courtesy email

Please be advised that after fully reviewing this matter with our internal teams, they have provided me with the following information.

The summary for the software updates are as follows;

- Next maps update due in Qtr 1 2021
- Will be available via My Vauxhall process
- Going forward updates will be made when required and not quarterly

Please be informed that there will be some instructions issued via My Vauxhall explaining how customers do this when the update is ready.

I am very sorry that I am unable to offer a more favourable outcome to your request, however I hope my explanation is clear.

It is a bit disappointing that there will be over a year between map updates from Vauxhall as the current one available is Q3 2019. I wonder how many there will be in the five year free updates period. There is no response with regard to my enquiry regarding firmware updates. I will ask again.
leng25

Post by leng25 »

Hi, latest response from Vauxhall:

This is a courtesy email.

Please be advised that I have just received the following information, I hope this helps you.
There is a new release upcoming for MyVauxhall, where you will be able to download the ‘Brand Update’ file, which will help identify the correct firmware and mapping software for your vehicle.

However, if you really wants to flash the firmware right now, please see below a link to WeTransfer which contains two versions of ‘Brand Update’ file (Mac & PC) in its current format. Please note, although this application will work, the text and logo used are not the final version.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d6cfc0 ... 459/59ab31

Thank you for contacting Vauxhall Motors and allowing me the opportunity to assist.

Kind regards
Joanne Heels
Executive Support Manager
0800 026 0034
execccletters@vauxhall.co.uk

I have not yet tried the link to update my firmware.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post